Chapter 3

TW: Eating disorder!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So how's it going?"

"He talks too much. And he's always asking questions. Did you program them to do that? It's annoying."

"Detective, I know you have your opinions about them as a whole but I need you to focus on RK800. How is it working with him?"

"His name is Nick and he's alright I guess. Except the talking thing. Always talking."

"They're programmed to always make sure that everyone in their system is being well taken care of. You are the only one who's inside of him." Charlie's face grows red again. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." He croaks out. "It's going well. I can withstand him for the rest of the evaluation. Let him stay with me, I'll just learn to live with his blabbering." Charlie sighs as he exits the office.

Back in his chair he looks around the room then at Nick. "Where's the paperwork?"

"You told me to leave them in the car, detective. I obeyed."

"Right..."

"Would you like me to get them?"

"No, stay. I'll go. They're my papers."

"As you wish."

Why does he keep saying that? Charlie thought. He's not a genie.

And why was Nick the only thing on Charles's mind to and from the car? He should not let an android get this much into his head.

And certainly not an android like Nick. He's too happy and too energetic.

Charlie was not.

About five pages into the paperwork Charlie wants to die. Being a detective is fun on the field but this? He'd rather get shot in the foot.

Tilting his head up in an attempt to not rot in this position he catches Nick staring at him. He did that thirty minutes ago as well, and twenty minutes ago, and ten minutes ago...

RK800 SYSTEM

HAIR

CUTS OWN HAIR. ESTIMATED LAST HAIRCUT: 10 WEEKS

EYES

BLOODSHOT. WAS CRYING WITHIN PAST 4 HOURS

CLOTHES

NON-REGULATION UNIFORM. TIE ABSENT. BADGE ABSENT

FACIAL EXPRESSION

STRESS SYMPTOMS. TENSION IN FACIAL MUSCLE. AGITATED BODY LANGUAGE

BODY

UNDERWEIGHT. PROBABILITY OF INSUFFICIENT DIET: 82%

DETECTIVE C. SPRING 5/5 CLUES TO ANALYSE

"What the fuck are you staring at?"

RK800 SYSTEM

HAIRCUT

CRYING

UNIFORM

DIET

CRYING

"I apologise if this is too direct, detective, but your appearance indicates you were recently in some emotional distress. Is there anything I can do to reduce the chances of future tearful episodes? A cup of tea, perhaps?"