Chapter three

If Makenna could punch him , she would have . She wanted to try , but she thought better of it. It was bad enough she looked like a coo coo bird having a meltdown, there was no need to add swinging and clawing the air to the mix . She closed her eyes and counted backwards from ten very , very slowly . By the time she opened her eyes , she was met with the gaze of one of the striking men at the table Vanna had sauntered off too. Unlike Savannah , she didn't like having some random man's attention, especially not this weirdo that was eyeballing her like she was a fresh slab of meat . What the hell is this dude's issue. She lifted her left hand in the air and flipped him off , Makenna didn't like the way the jackass was looking at her . It made her feel all sorts of uneasy.  When he flipped her off right back , well , that just pissed her off . What the fucking hell.

"Hey , estúpido! Got something wrong with your eyes ? Why the fuck you staring at me ." Makenna shouted and flipped him off again with both hands this time. She could hear Santiago laughing from the opposite side of the table . "What's so god damn funny ," she snapped at him , her blood already boiling . Her brother turned his body to face away from her , his ghastly amber eyes looking in the direction where the group of men were seated . Makenna puffed out a ball of air and nibbled on one of the studs in annoyance as the man across the room smiled at her . The jackass actually smiled . "Seems someone likes you ," Santiago teased , trying his best not to laugh. Makenna groaned and rubbed her face with the palm of her hand . The man probably was enjoying himself watching her act like a nut job. She really needed to stop engaging in conversations with this ghostly jerkface. Before she knew it , she would be thrown in the back of an ambulance wrapped up and secured tightly in a straight jacket.   " I should have just stayed home ," she grumbled to herself .

Kieran smiled , he was amused by this strange woman. Although, he found it strange that she was talking to the air around her , he couldn't help but enjoy watching her embarrass herself . "Aye , jackass. Did you hear a single word I said?" His gaze shifted from the woman . Derrien was staring at him with confusion and annoyance written all over his face . He pretended to clean out his ears , "Sorry , wanna repeat that." Kieran was so caught up in the other woman that he had totally forgotten about the one at their table . She was curled up in Roland's lap hand feeding the man forkfuls of cheesecake . "What the hell you been staring at ?" Theodore questioned , shoving handfuls of fries into his mouth . Kieran was about to tell them about the sassy lass in the booth , but the sound  of boots scuffling across the diner floor had their heads turning in the direction of  the angered golden-brown haired lady headed straight towards them. 

Makenna was tired . Her mind was going haywire . From thinking about the scared child while also being annoyed by the pestering hallucination of her brother and the never ending  concern for her best friend  , she was going crazy. Flat out , crazy. She was ready to haul Vanna's butt back to the suburban and head back home to crawl back into her warm , comfortable bed. "She'll hate you , Kenna . She's enjoying herself . By the looks of the tent in his pants , he's enjoying himself too." Oh , how badly she wanted to smash the man's ghostly face into the nearest brick wall.  "Well , shit. We must be blessed , for another gorgeous goddess has graced  us with her presence."  She really wanted to smash just about everyone's faces in at this point . "What's your name , sweetheart?" Makenna ignored him and reached over the table to tap Vanna's shoulder . "I think it's time to go , Savannah" She insisted. Man-bun eyed her with hatred . He pulled her friend  closer to his well-built body covered in skin-tight leather  and sneered at her. "She ain't leaving till I say she can."

By the way the woman was staring down Roland , Kieran knew all hell was about to break loose . She looked like she was ready to strangle the man and maybe smash his face in a couple times . With a flip of her hair , the woman smiled . She leaned further over the table till her face was inches from Roland's . Her smiled widened further showcasing all of her perfectly straight , glistening white teeth. "My apologies, I don't think I heard that right . Can you repeat that for me?" The sides of her face twitched as she stared him down . Her hands slammed palm first on the table , causing it to tilt just a tad . Her midnight black nails dug into the wood. "You heard me perfectly fucking fine ," Roland assured her . The woman in his lap squirmed . She looked between him and the other woman . "Kenna..." she opened her mouth to speak , but Roland smashed her face into his chest to keep her quiet.  Theodore and Derrien shifted their postures , their eyes flickering back and forth between their friend and the woman. Even Lionel had turned around and was watching the scene before him with curiosity.  She straightened herself and slipped a hair tie off her wrist , tying back her hair into a bun. The diner's  lights bounced off the multiple sterling silver earrings that decorated her ears.