Chapter 6- Good News

Nandini's POV:

''Why are you so late?'' I have asked Navya who is not yet ready. ''So you woke up so early?'' Navya asked me in return without answering anything. ''Of course, I had to be an early bird, pre-wedding festivities are going to be hectic from today, see everything is almost ready for mangalasnanam'' 

 ''Of course, I had to be an early bird, pre-wedding festivities are going to be hectic from today, see everything is almost ready for mangalasnanam'' 

''They wanted it minimal but classy, do you think they would like it?'' I asked. ''You should have asked them to select the decor as per their choice, so that you need not worry for every small thing'' Navya said. They did not say anything but instructed that they would want a classy appearance with all their functions. ''Hey girls, what's up?'' Abhinav was the last one to reach the resort. ''Don't you have manners to come this late to the venue? We are paying you for a job and you're not taking it seriously'' Navya almost scolded him but he interrupted her. ''This is not like my job Navya, I'm a freelance photographer. You did not hire me, I showed my interest in working with you. I have been constantly in touch with Karthik and Neha. So please don't worry about me'' he said. 

''Look at him! This is all because you are keeping calm. Why don't we hire a photographer in our team?'' Navya looked really upset with Abhinav. ''Both Karthik and Neha liked Abhinav's work for their pre-wedding photoshoot, and moreover I can't spend the budget on a photographer for now. We will sure think of one later'' I tried my best to calm her down. In spite of working in an MNC, Abhinav is still pursuing his hobby as a photographer and he agreed for so less amount. ''Ok, I will see if Neha is ready or not. Please take care here'' I said and move towards Neha's room. Tara has opened the door when I knocked. She gave a warm smile same as day before but I was hesitant to respond back. Did Aryaman tell Tara about me and Manik? I don't know and I cannot even ask her. ''Uh, everything is ready for mangala snanam'' I informed. 

''We're almost ready Nandini, will be there in 5'' Neha said cheerfully. ''Nandini!'' she called me when I was about to leave. ''Please stop dad for a while, I need to take lot of pictures before they all drench me in water'' she said. I smiled at her request. Seeing this family for a while now, I completely understood that Chowdary uncle is the decision maker but he is not like a typical patriarch. Marrying off his daughters to Aryaman and Karthik implies that he would respect the decision of his children. ''Don't worry ma'am, your make up is waterproof and this is a simple hairdo, so you can have many photos even if you get all wet'' makeup artist said. ''But Nandini! Why aren't ready yet?'' Neha asked me. 

I looked at myself when Neha passed that statement. I wore a simple chikankari dress which is perfect for a summer morning at work. ''Don't you know that the theme is white today. Go and wear something elegant in white'' she said. ''But I'm not being the part of this event anyway, I will have to look into the decor for pellikuthuru event too'' I said in a hurry. ''Ask someone to look into it, just monitoring the decor na! You and Navya should be a part of all our festivities. Please don't deny'' Neha said. Tara instantly said, ''we're like family, please don't hesitate and get ready''. I nodded positively and went to my room to change. I even informed Navya about the same and she changed too. 

After breakfast, everyone gathered by poolside for mangala snanam. ''Hello Miss Navya, please take it back'' Cabir said to Navya returning her calculator. ''I know I can keep it but iske bina tumhara calm nahi chalega, so you can take it back'' he said. ''Thank you'' she simply said. ''The decor is really nice, is this same as the haldi function?'' Cabir asked. ''Yes, mangala snanam literally translates to purifying bath. Before bride and groom gets changed into their first set of wedding clothes, they will take blessings from all the elders and then perform mangala snanam'' Navya said. ''So, this is basically a kickstart for all pre-wedding rituals?'' Cabir asked nodding his head.

''Not just a kickstart, it is usually done to ward off any evil. Before mangala snanam, bride and groom will be applied turmeric paste mixed with sandalwood and saffron'' I said. ''Our ancestors has well planned everything in the name of rituals and customs'' Cabir said. ''That's the beauty Cabir'' Manik intervened while we were talking with Cabir. ''Maine resort manager se baat kiya, we can have a tour today'' Manik said. ''Ye rasam hone ke baad chale jayenge, you know how beautifully they explained me'' Cabir said. ''I know all these customs in telugu wedding'' Manik said. ''Kaise?'' Cabir stopped Manik. ''If you have forgotten Nandini was the wedding planner for Mukti's wedding too. I told you before'' he said. Did he say everything to Cabir? 

''But you told me Mukti had a Punjabi wedding'' Cabir asked him. ''But I have been to Aryaman's marriage'' Manik said. ''Nandini wasn't there na! Tum thi Aryaman ki shaadi mein?'' Cabir asked me. ''No'' I said. ''We're here on a business Cabir, let's leave'' Manik took away Cabir forcibly. ''I hope Manik doesn't say anything to Cabir'' I said to Navya but I never saw when Manik came back. ''Maine kisi ko kuch nahi bataya!'' he said. ''Don't even dare to do that!'' I said without looking at him. ''Shall we start?'' I asked looking at bride and groom. ''My mother is coming to bless my daughter'' Chowdary uncle said. We waited for about 15 minutes before her arrival. Then came an elderly lady probably in her 90s. 

Suddenly I heard a thud sound and everyone gathered around. My heartbeat increased and I prayed that nothing should happen. I went near the crowd and then saw Tara fell down. Aryaman panicked and carried her to the nearest room. ''Someone please call a doctor'' Aryaman shouted. Navya then asked the manager to call a doctor nearby. He said that the nearest hospital is 8 km away. I was not in my senses until the doctor will come. Oh God! Why does this has to be so difficult now. Chowdary uncle's mother then sat near Tara and held her hand. ''No need to worry, she is pregnant'' she then declared and some ladies smiled. Aryaman hugged Tara who is still unconscious. Some of them congratulated Aryaman and doctor came after a while. Manik and Cabir came back hearing the news. 

Neha got up now and the family made her have some sweet. Chowdary uncle hugged her and Aryaman. Manik went near Aryaman. ''Tara and Aryaman, many congratulations'' he said. Aryaman looked grumpily at Manik. ''My little brother is going to be father and I have all the rights to hug you'' Manik said. ''Main chachu ban jaunga'' he looked happy. ''Chacha nahi technically Thau ji ban ne wale ho'' Aryaman also smiled. ''Don't make me feel old, please!'' Manik said hugging both Tara and Aryaman. 

So, this has been a small family reunion for Aryaman and Manik, the Malhotra brothers!!

***************************************************************************************

It is finally revealed that Manik and Aryaman are brothers! How do you think Nandini would deal with the Malhotra brothers?

Please comment your opinion.