two ✮⋆˙

|Varshith Kashyap|

"One." 

"Two."

"Three." 

"I can't do this anymore. It's too hard for me." Akhil panted, his face glistening, like me, begging for me to stop. "This is pure torture." 

I looked down and glared at the good for nothing human. "Shut up and do it. You had it coming when defied my words." 

"I'm sorry!" He cried out, gasping when I applied weight more than he could take. The fucker honestly had it coming when he went on to flirt with those girls in the supermarket. 

Ignoring his apologies, I counted again, grunting with each increasing second. 

"I'm close," he panted, eyes closed and face squinted in pain. "to dying. Stop already. Okay, bro, aage se nahi karunga na." 

I narrowed my eyes. "Really?" 

"Fuck, yes. Promise, promise." He moaned in agony. 

I decided to have some mercy on my best friend and dropped the barbell on the floor. Walking towards my duffel bag, I pulled out my towel and wiped the dripping sweat on my bare chest and neck. I looked at Akhil who sat hunched on the bench, breathing harshly and I whistled, gaining his attention. He looked up tiredly as I threw a water bottle at him which he caught with a practiced ease. I drank from another bottle, before pouring the remaining water from my head to cool myself down, feeling the water dripping down my short locks. "You shouldn't have done that." I muttered in regret, watching Akhil roll his shoulders. Maybe I went a little overboard.

"But I was bored." He whined, turning to face me. "We were standing in the line for like 20 minutes? So I thought of seducing those girls to get the billing done quickly." He mumbled to himself in the end. 

"You were being dishonest, dude." I shook my head at him. "They were equally tired as us, you know?" 

"Alright, Gautam Buddha. I won't do it again." He grinned like a twat he is. 

I nodded. "You better not." I checked the time on my smartwatch. It was 6 a.m. "Let's go. It's time." I put on my jacket, baseball cap and grabbed my duffel bag before walking towards my best friend to check if he needs any help. I was quite harsh with him today. He absolutely hates bench pressing for some reason and I made him do that with a heavy load 5 times. Poor guy. But I was a bit pissed at him for pulling that ridiculous stunt to come up with anything else. 

"Ow! I can't even feel my arms anymore, you bastard." Akhil whimpered, dropping his duffel bag due to pain. I snorted and carried his bag as an apology. That's the most I could do for him now. I walked out of the gym and inhaled deeply, enjoying the feel of monsoon breeze on my face. This is why I love the dawn the most. When the light first appears in the sky, providing a pleasant glow to it. The weather is chilly and the air feels fresh. Which is close to rare in Delhi. 

I've a feeling this is going to be a great day.

We started towards our apartment on foot. It's a good exercise early in the morning. I'm a morning person, Akhil was not. So as soon as we reached, he rushed inside his room, probably to sleep away. That too without showering. I scrunched my nose. 

Gross! 

I quickly showered and got ready in a neatly ironed white shirt, paired with denims, spraying over my signature cologne and my wristwatch. I then came out and entered Akhil's room and almost threw up at the foul odor emanating from his room. And the master of the room was sprawled on the bed on his stomach without any care in the world. I picked up a pen from his desk and threw it at him. It hit him right on the back of his head. But the King of Alabama refused to budge. I sighed. "Akhil, wake up. 6:30 ho gaye, bhai." I jumped over him to other side of the bed and shook him. "Akhil! Abe saale uth na." I slapped his back.