Ch 7 Party All Night

As the first rays of dawn pierced through the ancient trees of the Royal Elven Forest, a sense of anticipation filled the air. The vibrant hues of morning cast a golden glow, signaling the beginning of a momentous day.

In a peaceful garden, two children could be seen running away from a group of maids and guards. One was a girl with heterochromatic eyes, silver hair, and skin that shimmered like diamonds in the sunlight. The other was a girlish-looking boy with silver-blue hair and golden eyes, both around ten years old.

"Please stop, Lady Luminous! You could get hurt," called one of the maids, panting as she tried to keep up

"Princess! Please!" another maid echoed.

"Meeeoow," complained the cat they were chasing.

"Prince Rimuru, if you keep this up, your father will be angry," warned a royal guard.

"Prince! If you don't cease this, you won't be getting dessert," added another guard.

"Stop chasing that poor cat, you two," the head maid commanded.

Well, well, well, if anyone is wondering what is going on here, let's backtrack about ten years ago, the day all this began.

Luminous interjected, "Nobody cares. Can we skip that part?"

Rimuru nodded. "Okay, so it all began a few days ago when two normal humans met some gods and were reincarnated as high elves."

Luminous frowned. "You're ruining it. Give me the script."

"So, it all begins a week ago," Luminous corrected. "The two of us were having a mother of all fevers and were on the verge of death. So, my father and uncle decided to pray to the god of earth and the great spirit tree to bless us and save us."

"The World Tree and the goddess Gaia heard their plea and asked for something in exchange," Rimuru continued. "First, to make their kids heroes of the earth, and second, to save the world from its end."

"But it cost them dearly," Luminous added. "They soon realized that a true hero is someone who protects the world from all evil and bears the fate of the world."

"With no other choice, they accepted, and we were saved. Or so they thought," Rimuru said.

"The mother of all fevers was caused by our excess mana, which was because our souls were too strong," Luminous explained.

"But the moment our real souls merged with these bodies, we both stabilized. Unfortunately, our parents had promised the world that we would be its true heroes," Rimuru said with a sigh.

"As for why we are running," Luminous said, "well, this cat is just so cute, and we want it as our pet."

Bang! Bang!