Chapter Six

Lalisa

We arrived at the school ground barely 5 minutes before the bell rings. I'm just thankful that most of the students aren't pay much attention when we arrive because they are getting ready for their class.

"Lisa-ah. Can you eat your lunch with me, later?" I turn to face Jennie. We're still here inside her car because she's preventing me from going out by holding my hand. And believe me when I say that it brings a lot of new and unfamiliar sensations to me.

Just like this hard and quick beating of my heart, the tightening churn inside my stomach, and the unexplainable contentment of happiness I'm feeling. Crazy isn't it? Geez.

"Lunch? With your group of friends?" I asked.

I'm actually feeling comfortable around Jennie already and I can talk to her now without stumbling over my words. I'm not totally shy per se, I'm just a little introvert but once we talk a series of times, expected that soon enough I'll be laughing comfortably around you.

She nods showing me her own gummy smile while I think for a moment about her suggestion. After the lunch we had yesterday, I received a lot of stares and whispering around me. It's extremely uncomfortable, and I don't wanna go through that again. Besides, cafeteria is a very crowded place. I don't like eating there.

Making my mind up, I answered.

"I.." I gulp first, preparing myself in case this woman slaughter me right here and on. "I'll pass on that Jen. I mean, I don't think that's a very good idea." She eyed me questioningly as she raised her left eyebrow emphasizing her sexy mole.

"Why is that, Lalisa?" I look away immediately when I heard her use my whole name. She's just eyeing me as if waiting for what I have to say, so I relent.

"Jen, It would look weird to have me at your table. "

"I don't get what you mean, Lisa."

"Come on. You know what I mean. I don't want to cause any issue. " I said looking straight into her eyes. She's getting upset again, I could tell. It's not hard really.

I noticed when Jennie is getting upset over something her whole demeanor would change into something dark. Starting from her face, her eyebrows would narrow pairing it with her cat-eye glare. Pursued lips with a frown. Hands clench and her body tense.

It's scary, and intimidating, and totally opposite of her famous adorable acts.

"Lalisa are you upsetting me?" Her tone couldn't be taken lightly with how cold it is. I shuddered from hearing it. One thing I also notice is, Jennie doesn't know how to take any rejection- Nope. Scratch that, Jennie Kim doesn't accept no as an answer.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" I ask defeated. She didn't say anything that could give me an idea if she agree or not. She was just staring at me and the more I prolong this talk, the more chances of me taking a late attendance slip.

I took a deep breath knowing that I could only compromise with her, cause I absolutely won't eat in that cafeteria again.

"Okay fine. How about this," She tilted her head on the other side, cute--wait, No! Argh! She's distracting my thoughts!

"What? That better be good Lisa-ah." She asks sounding more tolerable than earlier.

"If you let me bypass your invitation of lunch, I'll accompany you while you shop for once?" My tone making it obvious that I'm hoping she would say yes.

She contemplates for a while before she answered.

"Later?"

"That's a bit unexpected but... okay."