concerns ahead

I noticed my mom coming home late more frequently. It all started with her coming home at 12 am one night. at first, I didn't think much of it. my mom was responsible and hardworking, so I figured she must have had a good reason for taking a while. I waited patiently for her to come home and when she did, she simply said that everything went well. I didn't probe further, thinking that it was just a one-time occurrence. a few days went by, and I didn't take it seriously. until one night when I was getting ready for bed I realized it was past 12 am. I sent a message to my mom to make sure she was okay, but minutes went by and she didn't reply. I asked my sister if she had heard from her and she said no. half an hour later, neither me nor my sister had gotten a response and I was concerned, I began to pray for my moms safety. eventually, my mom came come and said she was just with Daniel, and that was it. since she began spending time with Daniel, she changed drastically. she frequently returned home late, forgot things easily, adapted unhealthy eating habits, and she began drinking every night. when she would drive, it appeared as if she wasn't paying attention to anyone or anything. one day, my mom wasn't home. my sister and I went out alone and we were eating in a restaurant. That day I took the opportunity that we were alone to share my concerns with her and I was relieved that she felt the same way. 

we talked about how her behavior was impacting her health, but we understood that if we ever mentioned it to our mom, she would become defensive. there was nothing we could do, so we let it go on for days.