🌺🐇Chapter 5 : Mischief and Spell

"Wei-xiong!" Nie Huisang called, presumably having just been let out of class.

"Huh?" Wei-xiong murmed as he turned to face his brother and friend. Both Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang were beginning to approach. Zhilong [Name] walked alongside Lan Wangji watching them from behind.

Wei Wuxian perked up as he noticed his favorite victim, he shouted, "Wangji!" across the path.

In response, Lan Wangji immediately turned around and simply walked away. Zhilong [Name] chuckles and waves at Wei Wuxian with a low bow in acknowledgement. before following Lan Wanngji. 

"He ignored me, atleast [Name] didn't," Wei Wuxian observed cheerily. "I wonder how he befriends a guy like him? [Name] looks too nice around a guy like him."

"Zhilong-xiong was born in a rich clan and grew up in the Lan Clan. His grandfather took him in Gusu to raise him as a proper cultivator." Nei Huisang explained as he observed [Name] walking with Lan Wangji. "So there's a possibility they were close ever since they were a kid."

●⁠In The Library Pavilion●⁠

Zhilong [Name] was in the Library Pavilion, browsing in the books and reading lots about the culture. For someone who came from the modern world, you need to be aware of your situation and to prevent dying fast.

"[Name], sit down and read. You're pacing too much while holding that book." Lang Wangji spoke.

You flinched and looked over to Lan  Wangji sitting upright and writing on the paper with a brush. The strokes and the calligraphy were beautiful and elegant to watch.

Suddenly, you both heard people talking outside the library and it's getting closer. You recognised a familiar voice and realized it was the trio you saw in class at the orchid room.

"Ha! How would he know that? Unless...will he have someone watching me?"

"Exactly."

The door of the library slides open and sees Wei Wuxian looking in. Wei Wuxian did not look happy to see Lan Wangji.

After a beat of silence, golden eyes looked up from the calligraphy and made contact with Wei Wuxian's silver orbs.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian breathed out in surprise.

Both Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang slid out of the room. "Hey!" Wei Wuxian protested. "You people-" He cut off with a sigh, realizing the traitors were likely out of hearing range.

Wei Wuxian murmured, "This guy is dead boring, and I'll have to sit with him for a month? This is toture."

You chuckled in amusement and decided to ease his worries of being alone with Lan Wangji. You stepped out of being hidden behind the shelves and took a seat beside Lan Wangji.

Wei Wuxian looked quite surprised to see Zhilong [Name] and his frown turn upside down. He plopped down across from the two, his legs spread casually and grins against the table.

You briefly glance at Lan Wangji beside you and then back to him. You cough lightly and say, "Wei Ying, sit properly."

Wei Wuxian sits upright and looks forward to see Zhilong [Name] in the library.

"[Name] are you staying for a month to watch me?"

You chuckled and nodded slighly. "Probably. Master Lan only allows me here in the Library to study if Wangji is with me."

Wei Wuxian leans forward and plopped his elbows on the table to rest. "Zhilong [Name] let's be friends?" he asked with a grin.

You looked at him stunned by his words and nodded, ignoring Lan Wangji's quick side-eye beside you. " Yeah sure, let's be friends then." you said, smiling at your newfound friend within a day.

You reminded him, "Wei Wuxian, aren't you supposed to be copying the Virtue and Conduct?"

Wei Wuxian chuckles nervously and scratches his head sheepishly. "I'll do that later. [Name] can I ask you a question? I'm curious...how did you become friends with.." Wei Wuxian paused and briefly glanced at Lan Wangji across from him. "...him?"

You looked towards Lan Wangji's direction still focused on writing in the scroll and then back to Wei Wuxian. "He's not like that when I first arrived in Gusu." You replied, lowering your tone a bit.

However, Lan Wangji heard your voice and his gaze turned to both of you. You flinched at his cold gaze directed to you like a warning and looked away.

"You should start copying both the Virtue and Conduct, you know. Lan Wangji looks mad." You sharply whispered and avoided Lan Wangji's cold gaze at you again.

The next minute, you were practicing calligraphy on your table and re-reading the Lan Clan's history. You couldn't help crack a smile and laugh on your serious face during your task while listening to Wei Wuxian teasing and playing around with Lan Wangji.

Suddenly an energy crackled and Wei Wuxian's mouth was sealed shut. He flailed around slightly, then leapt off the table and ran around. You laughed loudly at the result of his mischievousness and then Wei Wuxian motioned you to undo the spell.

You shake your head in response, "Oh I'm not the one who put the silencing spell on you so I can't. It's Lan Wangji, remember?" You said, grinning at his expression.

Wei Wuxian groaned in frustration and grabbed a paper and a brush.

"I'm sorry, please remove the spell." was written on the paper and held up in front of Lan Wangji.

Wei Wuxian's face was gradually turning red. You couldn't help but pity and laugh at his expression causing you to bury your face with the book in your hands. The scene was funny and hilarious!

Lan Wangji only glanced at the request for a moment before turning away and picked up the brush to continue as if nothing happened. The corner of his lips curved slightly for a moment from your laughter.

You had been aware of the hated silencing spell of the Lan Sect when you were a child and your grandfather, one of the Elders in the Lan clan once showed it to you and used it on for misbehaving during his lecture. It was terrible...

After every effort, scratching his lips and yet he still couldn't open his mouth no matter what. And so, Wei Wuxian grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something but Lan Wangji crumbled it into a ball, tossing it away.

"Ridiculous," Lan Wangji scolded as Wei Wuxian hummed in outrage.

Finally, the spell was removed.

"Oh my god! I thought I was gonna die!" Wei Wuxian breathes out a sigh of relief.

You stopped laughing and raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean die? You can't handle it without talking for a minute?" You teased.

"Hey!"

"Hey, Lan Zhan! How could you treat me like that! Fine! That night was my fault. I was wrong. I shouldn't have jumped over the wall, sneaking inside the butterfly house and shouldn't have alcohol."

You perked up at the mention of your private house and lowered the book you're reading.

"I shouldn't have fought with you. Happy now?!"

"One more word and I'll do it four times as long as I can."