Epilogue

"Catherine! Wait up!" I shout.

Why is she stubborn and not listening to me?

"What did you say, Cad?!" She laughs while still running. "Come on, Cad! Tumatanda kana ba!" She's crazy!

"What! I'm not old." I shout again. It's like we're on a mountain if we both scream.

So I couldn't do anything but run and chase her. I didn't expect that. It would be the last day I would see and play with her until the day came when Mommy told me that Catherine's family was moving to a mansion. I was speechless. I stood up to see her, even for a moment.

And years later, I saw her again. We went to the same school. I will never forget her smiles and her face. I walk down the school hallway with my hands in my pockets quietly as I go to my classroom. Napahinto ako ng bigla kong nasalubong ang babaeng matagal ko ng gustong makita.

She was cheerfully giggling with her friends. While I only stood there amazed. Nasa harapan ko na siya ngayon at para bang hindi niya man lang ako nakikilala. Magsasalita na sana ako, kaso mabilis nila akong nilagpasan. Hindi man lang niya ako binalingan ng tingin kahit saglit lang.

"You don't remember me..." I softly whisper.

Palagi ko siyang pinagmamasdan kahit sa malayo lang. Sapat na sakin, makita ko lang siyang nakangiti. I'm okay with that. Kahit isang beses hindi man lang ako makalapit sa kanya o kausapin siya. Wala akong naging girlfriend ng mga panahon na yun, tanging ang atensyon ko lang ay sa aking pag-aaral at sa pagtanaw lang sa kanya.

I follow her even at the college university. I took a law degree course while she took an education course.

After she graduated, and months later. I got the news that she was engaged now. Ayun ang pinaka-masakit na balitang narinig ko sa kanya. Parang gusto kong tumutol o sabihin sa kanyang ako nalang. Pero hindi ko kayang sirain ang mga pangarap niya para lang sa kagustuhan ko. Makasarili naman ako.

Isa akong sa mga naging guest kahit hindi ako namna imbitado sa kasalang ito. Gusto ko lang siya makita kaya nandito ako ngayon. I can't help but be amazed at her beauty, the wedding gown she is wearing is perfect for her. And, I could see in her eyes that she was very happy.

I smiled bitterly because of that. I didn't stay there for long, and I quickly stood up from my seat and immediately left. My chest tightened as I watched her marry someone else and not to me.

I have to accept the fact that she will never be mine. After that moment, I stopped looking at her or even followed her everywhere. I just focused on building a law firm all these years. But, even though I am busy. I never forgotten her beautiful face.

Years past.

I loosened my necktie as I read a paper in my right hand. I've been working since yesterday. I need a day off. I was busy reading important papers when suddenly the door opened.

"Hey, bro!" A bastard said.

I didn't even have to ask him who he was. Because I already know his voice. What does he need? He is here now. Hindi ko nalang pinansin ang siraulong yun, nagpatuloy lang ako sa pagbabasa. I can see him in my peripheral vision as he just sits on the sofa here inside my office.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him seriously while putting down the paper I was holding.

"I need your help." My irritating friend said. "My wife has a friend who wants to file a divorce with her husband." Nakatingin lang ako sa kanya habang napapaliwanang siya.