Chapter-9

Ashika's POV

It was a long day. I was kidding when I told Appu I wanted to get roses today but deep down it was the opposite. I wanted all this to end and I wanted to go back to how things were before roses and before Kishan came into my life. It was just a few weeks ago I met him but he has had a huge impact on me. The way he sees me, his appearance, his care. We had spoken only a few times but he always managed to take my breath away.

'Do not think about Kishan' I reminded myself. I was here to achieve my goals. I'm the sole breadwinner of our family. 'I cannot get distracted' I told myself. 

I sat beside my room window and looking at the moon my mind went through a series of thoughts remembering those initial days I came to Bangalore.

Coming to Bangalore one and a half years back in 2018 was a big dream come true.

I never knew anything about this place and I was the first in my family to come and live in another city for work.

I had many bucket lists, I wanted to explore many places, I wanted to open my baking shop, and I wanted to excel in my work.

I never knew: how I would do it all alone, how my new home would treat me, but I knew one thing i.e. I will surely make it and I will achieve all my dreams no matter what.

At first, it was hard in all ways.

It was hard to find a house cause I was a single girl.

Hard to get adjusted without my family around.

I had no relatives here too. So I had to set up everything from scratch without anyone's help.

It was hard to set up everything not knowing anyone here.

After a lot of searching, I found a single-room house near my office. I did not want a PG as it was not my type.

The rent was expensive but I could afford it as it was easy to travel to the office and also I could get some free time to practice baking.

It was a decent residential area and I loved it.

It was also near to all the best places in Bangalore. Be it pubs or bars or malls or greenery etc.

After shifting I had gotten my parents to my house once. Seeing their Beti grow in front of them, they were proud of me and that made me feel on cloud nine.

 In between all of this, I got to meet Aparna and her family most unexpectedly.

This was life life-changing incident that I never saw coming.

I never expected to find anyone so homely and trustworthy. She soon became my everything and also I felt she was somewhat like me.

Even though she was among all kinds of people she was pure-hearted and simple.

I loved that about her.

All of a sudden I heard Appu call me from the hall. I pushed my thoughts aside and came back to reality. 

By the time I got up to go and ask her what it was Appu came inside my room. 

'What do you want me to prepare for dinner' Appu asked me.

'Your wish Appu. Something spicy so we can have it with beer' I replied with a sad smile.

Without uttering a word she came and hugged me and told 'Don't be sad Ashi, I cannot see you like this. I'll do something. Dont worry. I'll not allow anything to happen to you

I just hugged her back tightly and held back my tears.

'I'll go start prepping Ashi, come and join me if you can' Appu said.