Chapter 4: New Problems Begin to Appear

It's been about 6 days since Evolt went on an adventure in almost the entire Mondstadt area. He himself quite often completed work from people and he earned a lot of Mora from this. Not only that, he also always exterminates hilichurls who are considered a nuisance to local residents or himself when walking in the forest or valley areas.

Evolt still hasn't seen Aether and Paimon since they were separated for the last 5 days to go on adventures and make money for sure. Evolt continues to go on adventures and accept requests from adventurers or local villagers to get paid even though he is sometimes irritated by some requests which are considered very ridiculous.

Evolt: "6 days have passed and I still haven't heard from either of them. Did they both die when they were swallowed by the hilichurls ? Well, hopefully not."

Now it's the seventh day, Evolt is hunting boars for his dinner, even though he's actually an alien who will be full if he just absorbs energy.

Evolt: "I heard that in the forest area near the hill there are lots of boars roaming around. Besides that, the hilichurls and lawachurls and mitaichurls. Honestly, hunting wild animals in this world doesn't seem that difficult, even though I need challenges and interesting things."

Then Evolt heard something that seemed to be walking among the bushes opposite. He immediately fell silent and focused the direction of the Steam Riffle shot on his prey. He was very calm and patient until finally what came out was not a boar, but only a squirrel.

Evolt: "(Surprised and Upset) Really ? This world seems quite boring in some ways. But I still don't have enough power to have fun, so I have to wait for my power to fully recover. I don't think there are any boars roaming free today."

Evolt decided to leave the surrounding area and go walking through the forest. On the way, he apparently read a book which he bought from a bookstore in the city of Mondstadt.

Evolt: "This book cost 500 Mora. The truth is, this small book is just an encyclopedia like the ones on Earth before. In my opinion, the encyclopedia doesn't provide much information about all the enemies in this world, only herbal plants, cooking ingredients and other basic things. I've memorized everything pretty well so I think I regret buying this book 2 days ago."

He continued to walk grumbling even though he had collected a lot of money. He then calmed down and put the book into his small bag. Meanwhile on the other side, at least 3 bandits were watching Evolt and they immediately jumped in and surrounded him.

Bandit 1: "Hehe, you're not going anywhere, weakling !"

Bandit 2 and 3: "Yeah...!"

But before they had time to act, with his speed Evolt immediately killed them all until they were dead. Evolt left, leaving the bodies of the three bandits.

Evolt (In mind): "Oh yeah, besides hilichurls and the like, there are also human bandits who like to annoy me. I think the people I often meet are mostly weak and stupid. I wanted to meet a strong human too, strong enough to survive my attacks."

He continued walking in the middle of the forest at night. Continue walking while contemplating and planning future plans so he can get his strength back. 

But while Evolt was still walking the voices of two people could be heard faintly from a distance. Evolt himself heard this with suspicion, especially since he has a sharper sense of hearing than humans, so he knew the tone of the conversation sounded suspicious.

Evolt (In mind): "A sound ? The voices of two more people talking and... it wasn't too far from here. (Cunning and Curious Smile) The tone sounded... suspicious, but I was very curious and wanted to join their chit chat."