Koy's Scars

Koy was relaxing in the lounge with Denki, the two enjoying the quiet as everyone else was doing their own thing. Koy lays on the couch while Denki sits next to him. After a while, Denki looked at Koy who had his eyes closed, then he looked at his arms. He was starting to wear short-sleeved shirts, letting his scars be seen. 

Curious, Denki gently reached out and caressed one of Koy's scars with his thumb. Koy's eyes shot open and moved his arm away, sitting up a bit. "S-sorry! I...I wasn't really thinking...I just wanted to feel the scars, sorry, dude..." Denki apologized, rubbing his neck. "No, it's-it's alright...I guess I overreacted..." Koy looked away, holding his arm close. "I just...I didn't expect it...I still get insecure..." 

"I mean...I don't have a problem with them- well, okay, I don't like that you hurt yourself, BUT I'm not gonna judge you. It's just...there's a lot and I've never really seen scars like these." 

"Well...some are going in different directions, the horizontal ones are just when I was hurting, but wasn't trying to...you know...but the vertical ones are when...I did try to end it..." 

Denki moved a bit closer, looking at the different scars before counting the horizontal ones. "Eight horizontal here..." He said before looking at his other arm. "And seven here...then two on each." 

"Heh, why are you counting them?" 

"I dunno. Just wanted to." 

"Well...you can feel them if you want, just...warn me next time?" 

Koy gives him a gentle smile before Denki softly touches his scars, being careful. "I've never really understood why you've done this...I know you've talked about it, but...I just can't wrap my head around it. I mean, why would such a wonderful person try to do something...Sorry, I should shut up, I don't want to make you feel bad or anything, I just...If you had, Kay and Bakugou would probably be a lot different. Kay would most likely be mopey, and Bakugou would...he'd probably still be angry, but there would most likely be a twinge of guilt too." 

Denki looked up at Koy and saw he was tearing up. "A-ahh! Sorry! I wasn't trying to upset you, I-" 

"N-no, it's okay...I just...I'm lucky I'm actually alive, heh...Had I not been saved, a lot would have been different...I get what you're saying, and...I'm glad it didn't turn out that way..." 

He then leaned in, hugging Denki close. "Thanks...it's hard to talk about things like this, but...in a way you make me feel...different. In a good way..." 

Denki blushed slightly but smiled, hugging him back. "I'm just glad I didn't hurt you or anything, I know this is a sensitive topic, and I know I can be a dumbass sometimes."  Koy chuckled softly, nodding a bit. "Yeah, but that's alright."