Forever

This is intended to be a sort of an AU that I had in my head recently. It was stuck there so I just had to write it down!! Although, the entire Epic Road Trip movie could be considered AU itself since the only things that are apparently canon are 1) they went on a road trip and 2) Ken felt something between he and Barbie as more than friends.

Story Premise:

When Barbie is alone on the camper after her Ken Blow Up, she makes a wish with Brooklyn and Skipper. In that wish, Ken appears on stage in a handsome tux, offering Barbie a supportive hug after she won an award.

This is that story...

DUN DUN

( Sorry, couldn't help put in the Law and Order gong :P )

***********************

"This is the most incredible thing that's ever happened! Seriously, this is just totally amazing! For reals!"

The road trip of a lifetime had just ended...

A cross country road trip built on finding loving and adoring homes for cute and deserving dogs mixed with an urgent desire to make an audition for a fantastic spur of the moment opportunity to be backups for a famous singer's music video.

A whirlwind of excitement and nerves, for sure.

The end result? The dogs all found wonderful homes and the Barbies were on their path to stardom with Jacinda!

Win win!

Sorta...

"I can't believe this! I mean, I can believe it, I guess, 'cause ya know... it's you! You worked so hard, Barbie, and this is just such a great opportunity, I can't keep in how excited I am for you!"

Barbie stood by and watched as Ken went off spouting supportive nothings and high praises all over the living room of the Roberts' Brownstone in Brooklyn, New York. He hollered and cheered and clapped for her, singing loud for all to hear.

It wasn't just because of the Jacinda role, either.

Turned out, there was a talent scout watching behind the scenes. When the music video was finished, the Barbies were approached with a one of a kind deal that involved a three-year contract for music making.

They signed in a heartbeat.

Now, they were wrapping things up, preparing to move on with their next endeavor: recording songs, making music videos, and traveling around the world on tours.

And saying goodbye to Skipper and Ken.

"Honestly though, I can't believe it! My best friend in the whole world just signed a record deal! I'm gonna hear her on the radio! Whoop whoop!"

He was on cloud nine. He was saying all the things she wanted to hear. Brooklyn and Skipper, along with Brooklyn's parents, laughed and clapped as Ken paraded around the room singing praises of his best girl. Even Barbie couldn't help but blush at his antics.

However, deep down, she saw an underlying melancholy to his exuberance, as if he were trying hard to cover up how he was truly feeling.

Barbie knew Ken was sad... She knew him too well.

"Man!", Ken exhaled, calming down slightly from his congratulatory high, "This is just way too exciting!"

Barbie giggled and stepped closer to him, "I know, right? It just feels so surreal..."

"And we pack up and leave tomorrow!", Brooklyn announced, slinging an arm around her singing partner, "They have a place for us in downtown Manhattan, right next to the studio. For the next few years we eat, sleep, breath, and live music!"