16. The Visitor

Daisy

Finally, I'm home! Throwing my bag onto the sofa I flop down next to it and take a deep breath.

I've been in meetings all day with the label bosses and although my part in the conference room was very little I still feel exhausted.

Seeing Freddie at lunch was also a strange twist to the day, especially because the guys were also there. Hearing them talking about the amount of women Freddie has had in the city already made me feel uncomfortable. Of course, I know who is, I know what he does but it's still not nice to hear and I couldn't help but wonder if he's still sleeping with other women.

I check the clock on the wall. It's quarter to nine. I'm starving and want to order some pizza. Would Freddie want to have food with me? Just as I'm debating it in my head the buzzer for my door rings. He's early. I can't help but smile at the thought that he is keen to see me. I press the button to release the door and adjust my dress. My feet are a little sore in the heels now but Freddie seemed to really like how I looked so I push it back. I'm sure they'll come off soon anyways.

A soft knock on the door makes me look up and glide to the door to open it.

My face drops.

Chase.

He's in a blue suit and gives me a lazy smile.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my jaw still on the floor.

"Sorry to drop by unannounced" he says, as if it's something he normally does, and walks past me and inside.

I slowly shut the door still in a daze of confusion.

"I was just thinking about you and I forgot to get your number at the party and......"

"How did you know where I live?"

"My Mom has your address....she sends you Christmas cards...."

Fuck, he's right.

"Now isn't a good time, Chase"

"You look great" he cuts me off and I glare at him, "How about we grab that drink?"

"What?"

"That drink you promised me at the weekend" he grins like he's trying to be cute and flirty.

It makes me feel more angry.

"You don't just show up at my apartment, on a Monday night and storm in demanding we go out" I seethe.

"I didn't demand anything" he smirks, like this is funny.

"What the fuck do you want Chase?"

"Just a drink. We can catch up. Discuss us"

My mouth opens to say something but the buzzer goes off again.

Shit. That will definitely be Freddie. I look at the clock. He's dead on time.

"Expecting someone?" Chase tilts his head at me.

What am I supposed to say? I can't leave Freddie outside and I can't tell Chase who Freddie is or what he is doing here.

"Daisy?" Chase says when I don't make a sound.

What will Freddie think when he sees Chase here?

"You should go" I tell Chase.

"Who's your guest?"

"It's none of your business" I grit through my teeth.

The buzzer goes off again making both Chase and me look at it.