Ch 10 Wine😏

Author's Pov

The masked man sprinted down the dimly lit alley, his heart pounding against his ribs.

The weight of the bag on his back slowed him down, but adrenaline fueled his legs as he evaded the flashing lights and echoing shouts of the pursuing police.

"Stop! Police!" the officers yelled, their voices echoing off the brick walls.

Ignoring their commands, the masked man pushed harder, his breaths ragged.

He spotted a gap in the chain-link fence ahead and leaped over it, landing with a thud on the other side.

"Move in! Don't let him get away!" one of the officers barked into his radio.

But the man was already on the move again.

He dashed across the street, narrowly avoiding a speeding car, and dashed into the entrance of the subway station.

"He's heading for the metro!" another officer shouted, sprinting after him.

With a burst of energy, the man descended the stairs two at a time, his footsteps echoing in the deserted station.

He reached the subway just as the metro pulled in, its doors sliding open invitingly.

"Stop! You're under arrest!" the officer shouted, closing in.

But the masked man had no intention of surrendering.

With a swift movement, he darted through the closing doors and onto the crowded train, disappearing into the sea of commuters.

The officer cursed under his breath as the doors slammed shut, separating him from his quarry.

"Damn it! We lost him," he muttered, frustration evident in his voice.

He took out his phone to call. " Make sure to put restrictions at the next station."

" Yes officer Lee

" Yes officer Lee." says the police man on the other side.

As the metro pulled away from the platform, the masked man leaned against the door, breathing heavily.

He glanced around at the oblivious passengers, his heart still racing from the adrenaline rush of the chase.