*ೃ༄ONE: OUIJA BOARDS*ೃ༄

Now Charlotte lived on the mountainside,

In a bleak and dreary spot.

There was no house for miles and miles around,

Except her father's cot. 

2016, London, England

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

 WHEN JAY SAID HE'D DOWNLOADED a Ouija-board app on the phone, I wasn't surprised, along with Sophie. It sounded like the kind of crazy thing he'd do. It was Thursday night, and my sister, Sophie, our friend, Jay, and I were sitting in our favorite greasy spoon cafe, eating baskets of curly fries, like always.

"Do we have to do this?" Sophie asked.

I nodded, I was feeling skeptical, and a bit creeped out. There was a reason Ouija-boards were so popular, because they were scary.

"Yes. Don't be a spoilsport, and you too Seraphine," Jay said. I rolled my eyes, before glancing at Sophie again.

She raised an eyebrow. Although Sophie and I were almost seventeen-year old twins, only a month apart, we looked polar opposites, and acted like it too. She has pretty dark brown hair, blue eyes, and was wearing dark jeans along with a black T-shirt. I, on the other hand, had curly blonde hair, amber eyes, and was currently wearing a bright pink dress, along with white shorts. Sophie was quiet, thoughtful, and sometimes...a bit jumpy. I was her bright side. And I love being it. Perhaps I'm a little overprotective, since I'm older, but I'm glad I can ease my sister up, and help her in times of need.

I was struck back to reality when Sophie placed her hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" She asked.

I nodded again, "I'm fine, let's get this over with."

Jay put his phone on the table and loaded the app. A Ouija board filled the screen. The words YES and NO were written in flowing script in the top two corners, and beneath them were letters of the alphabet in that same curling text in two arches. Beneath that was a straight row of numbers from zero to nine, and underneath was printed GOODBYE.