◢✥◣Cousins not Cousins◢✥◣

+*:ꔫ:*﹤+*:ꔫ:*﹤FROZEN CHARLOTTE+*:ꔫ:*﹤+*:ꔫ:*﹤

+*:ꔫ:*﹤+*:ꔫ:*﹤

And yet on many a wintry night, 

Young swains were gathered there. 

Her father kept a social board,

And she was very fair.

+*:ꔫ:*﹤+*:ꔫ:*﹤+*:ꔫ:*﹤

"Promise me one thing," Jay had said. "If anything happens to me, you both'll tell the world it was a ghost."

You'll tell the world....a ghost.

+*:ꔫ:*﹤+*:ꔫ:*﹤+*:ꔫ:*﹤

SOPHIE SPENT THE NEXT few days curled up in a ball under the covers of her bed. I fed her, helped her, and shared light jokes. I had to be the light for her, I had to be the strong one, someone who could stay intact. For the first night, we both couldn't sleep, I decided to hum a little soothing song to her, to drive her worries away, and Sophie soon fell asleep. I knew how much she cared about Jay. I loved Jay, as a friend. But I knew Sophie loved him in a different way, and I knew he did too.

I shivered, wishing this was all a bad nightmare.

I searched about Ouija boards online the next day, and there were two things I found out that disturbed me more than the rest. The first discovery was that there were three questions you must never ask a Ouija board.

Never ask about God.

Never ask where gold is buried.

Never ask when you're going to die.

And the second discovery-the one that made me feel worst of all-was a warning printed in bold text that said you must never, ever allow a planchette to count down through the numbers because a spirit could get out of the board that way.

But our planchette had counted down through the numbers. When it had gotten to zero, that was when the screaming had started.

I tried to tell myself it was just a coincidence, but it just couldn't be.

I had told Sophie all about this late at night. She had cried again, I hugged and comforted her, but I could feel the tears stinging my eyes as well.

Before it would have been Jay cheering me up as well. I kept expecting him to text me, prank me, walk through the doors and blurt out the most ridiculous joke.