Chapter 2: The Palace

She was lying unconscious on the bed. He was gazing at her while sitting on the bed. Her eyes were closed yet beautiful. She had a perfect nose. Her jawline was as sharp as the diamond. Her lips were naturally pink. His eyes were stuck on her face. She had an innocent face. He thought she looked beautiful while sleeping. Then his gaze fell on the ring which she was wearing in her hand. He smiled looking at that ring.

She started regaining consciousness. She opened her eyes. First, she looked at the ceiling and then her eyes landed on the man who was looking at her. She startled and hastily got up. She began to breathe heavily. Her heart started pounding loudly. It was the man who shot her cousin and made her unconscious. She was afraid of him.

He observed her every move. He got up from the bed and said in a cold voice, "I won't harm you in any way."

She was looking at him timidly. She thought he would harass her. She pulled the blanket up to her neck.

He was aware of what she would be thinking. He started to go outside of the room. Seeing him going, she said quickly,

"Where...where is Haidar?"

He stopped. At that moment, he felt two emotions simultaneously. He felt angry about Zehra's concern for Haidar, yet love arose upon hearing her sweet voice. He turned and went back.

"He is at home." He said with a smile.

"What? He is in Delhi?" She said raising her eyebrows with surprise.

"Nope. He is in his final resting place." He said and left the room.

She was stunned. Tears began to flow from her eyes.

"Ya Allah! What is all this happening? Haidar died. Who is this man? Why did he kill Haidar? Why did he kidnap me? What are his intentions? What will he do with me? Have I seen him before? Ugh, I can't understand what's going on. Please have mercy on me, my Lord." She raised her hands to pray to Allah.

Then her attention went to the room in which she was. It was an extremely luxurious room. The bed she was sitting on was very soft and comfortable. It felt like she was in a palace. She got up from the bed and went towards the window, which was very large.

She looked outside the window. It was dark outside. Then she looked at the sky. It was the night of the full moon. The moon was shining like a pearl in the sea.

She heard the sound of knocking on the door. She frightened. The door opened. It was him. He had a tray in his hands. He placed the tray on the bed.

"There's the bathroom. Go, freshen up. And your suitcase is there." He pointed at the suitcase. "I brought it from the hotel where you stayed. Check if all your belongings are there." He said.

She looked at her suitcase. But, she didn't move from there. He was watching her.

"What do you want from me? Why did you bring me here?" Nervously, she asked.

He smiled, looking down. Then he looked at her and said, "Actually, I needed a skilled photographer to take my photos, so I brought you here."

"Huh!" She said with surprise.

"This is food. Eat it after freshening up." He said and left.

She couldn't move for a while. She was shocked by his response. Suddenly, something came to her mind. She rushed to her suitcase and began to open it. She was looking for her phone and laptop. But she couldn't find them. She sat down on the floor, holding her head in her hands.

"What do I do now? He is a psycho." She bit her lip. Then she looked at the food laid out on the bed. She was hungry because she had skipped lunch. She got up and went to where the food was. She removed the lid and looked. It was her favorite dish... Rajma Chawal.