5. Carousel

Veneer POV:

Orchid: "Come on, Ven!"

I look in Orchid's direction, holding my newly purchased candy apple to my mouth as I take a bite.

I walk over to her, rolling my eyes as she gives me puppy eyes for a bite.

Ven: "I told you you'd want some

Ven: "I told you you'd want some."

Orchid: "Yeah, I know. I didn't think about how good it'd look."

I roll my eyes as I let her take a bite of MY delicious dessert. Velv walks over from the bathroom, her eyebrows raising as she sees Orchid with my candy apple.

Ven: "She stole it from me."

Velv shakes her head, taking a bite of my apple before handing it back to me. Girl... What is with these kids and eating my food?

I protectively hold my apple, watching Orchid drag Velvet to the carousel. It rotates slowly, gold lights blinking as Rageons, a good majority of them kids, ride happily.

Orchid: "Come on, Ven! You should come on with us! It'll be fun!"

She knows I hate rides, especially ones made by a sketchy carnival. This one, however, doesn't seem too bad. If little kids can enjoy it, then I think it will be tame enough for me to handle.

 If little kids can enjoy it, then I think it will be tame enough for me to handle

I follow the girls, waiting behind them in line. I notice the attendant, his height incredibly tall in comparison to the rest of us. We get to the front, and the tall redhead working the ride smiles at us, his eyes lingering on mine as I hand him my ticket.

I choose a yellow horse, Orchid taking the black one in front of me and Velv taking the white one in front of her.

A horse in each color makes for a pretty sight when you're watching the carousel from a distance. I guess I didn't think about the fact I wouldn't see that sight while riding the ride.

As I wait for the carousel to fill up, I look at the design on the walls to the left of me, seeing strange pictures of kids crying. Maybe it's an artistic choice? I'd have expected some cheesy art, but this is melancholy... kinda makes you think differently, more profoundly?