Chapter 2: A Once in a Million Chance

➕✖️➕

➕✖️➕

As soon as Oliver woke up the following day, the remnants of his excitement from the previous night lingered in his mind. Without hesitation, he grabbed his phone and dialed Cooper's number, eager to share his newfound discovery.

"So, what'd you think?" Cooper's voice crackled with anticipation on the other end of the line, and Oliver could practically hear the grin in his friend's voice.

"It was..." Oliver paused, struggling to find the right words to convey the rush of emotions he had experienced. "

"Awesome, right?" Cooper's enthusiasm was contagious, and Oliver couldn't help but nod in agreement, even though his friend couldn't see him.

"Yeah," Oliver breathed, a smile spreading across his face as he remembered the electrifying energy of BTS's music videos. "I spent all night watching them! They're so cool and confident! I wish I could be like them."

"I mean, you could," Cooper said, his voice filled with encouragement.

Oliver tilted his head, intrigued by the suggestion. "How?" he asked, curiosity piqued.

"Big Hit has auditions all the time!" Cooper exclaimed. "They announce it on Twitter constantly."

Oliver's eyes widened with excitement at the prospect. "Really?" he breathed, his heart racing with possibility. "Do you think I could?" he asked, the idea of pursuing his dreams suddenly feeling more tangible.

"Are you asking me as your best friend or as a K-pop stan?" Cooper's voice crackled with amusement over the phone.

Oliver paused, considering the distinction. "Uh, I don't know what the difference is..." he admitted. "But I guess both?"

Cooper let out a chuckle before delivering his verdict. "No, you cannot," he said bluntly.

Oliver felt his heart sink as his dream was instantly crushed. Now, he wanted to crawl into a hole and die from embarrassment."Thanks for the support, Coop," he muttered sarcastically, disappointed in his voice.

But Cooper quickly interjected, his tone earnest. "No, that's not what I meant!" he exclaimed. "What I mean is, not right now. You have no idea about the industry. They'd walk past you like that. You'll have a chance if you wait and learn how to dance and sing."

"I know how to sing and dance," Oliver protested, a hint of defensiveness creeping into his voice as he tried to salvage his pride.

Cooper didn't miss a beat. "Choir and drama class don't count!" he retorted, his tone firm yet supportive.

Oliver's shoulders slumped slightly, the weight of reality settling in as the truth dampened his initial enthusiasm. "Oh..." he murmured, feeling the sting of disappointment.