Chapter 6: Unexpected Friendships

➕✖️➕

As Oliver stepped into the lounge, he was immediately struck by the sight of tables scattered around the room, all arranged to face a central stage in dim, ambient lighting. The walls were scattered with a dew with a few paintings.

"How did Heon afford this?" Oliver muttered to himself.

"No way," Heon's voice rang out from across the room. "Is that you, Yejun? I can't believe you showed up!" Heon exclaimed, making his way towards Oliver with an excited grin.

Oliver nodded politely and offered Heon a respectful bow. "Thank you for inviting me, sunbaenim," he replied.

Heon's smile widened. "Come on!" he exclaimed, slapping Oliver lightly on the shoulder. "You gotta let loose, man! It's time for some fun!"

Oliver nodded as he followed Heon through the venue, taking in the sights and sounds around him. The room was filled with trainees, each group seemingly lost in their world of discussions. In one corner, Oliver spotted the older trainees. Nearby, his peers from the same age group chatted. He even saw Taehyun and Hueningkai from earlier talking with the group.

"So, we're going to do a singing competition soon!" Heon's voice suddenly cut through the music, drawing Oliver's attention. "Whoever loses has to pay for drinks!"

Oliver tilted his head in confusion. Drinks? Did Heon mean alcohol? Weren't they all underage? Before he could think about it further, another voice broke through his thoughts.

"Heon! Come here!" Someone called out from across the room.

"Coming!" Heon yelled back, his attention diverted. With a glance, Heon left Oliver standing alone.

Oliver sighed softly, feeling a twinge of frustration. "Great," he mumbled to himself, shifting awkwardly amidst the buzzing energy of the venue. He glanced around, unsure of what to do next.

➕✖️➕

"How was vocal training today, Soobin?" Yeonjun asked.

"It was good," Soobin replied. "We worked on my falsettos today."

"Ahh?" Yeonjun asked as he leaned in closer.

Soobin nodded again but then his gaze shifted to Beomgyu, who seemed lost in his thoughts. "What's wrong with him?" he asked, gesturing subtly towards the younger boy.

"He won't tell me," Yeonjun replied with a sigh. "Says it's a secret."

"Beomgyu..." Soobin nudged Beomgyu gently, bringing him back to the present. "What's going on with you, huh?"

Beomgyu blinked, looking up at Soobin as if he had just woken up from a daydream. "Yes?" he asked, then quickly added, "Oh, sorry, Hyung." He mumbled an apology, his eyes darting back to a specific direction again.