Main Character Energy

Tris POV

I swat the alarm clock off my side table and it goes gliding towards my bathroom door.

Ughhhhh! I hate mondays. I shift slightly to tuck my head back under my pillow and sleep away to glory.

and now my fucking phone starts ringing

Fucking Christina again. God, i'm gonna kill this girl.

Okay okay sorry guys! Back up. You probably want to know who the hell Christina is. Well, what my sleepy mind can currently recall is that she is my best best friend. You know the ones who stick with you through storm and calm.

I met Chris when I was in middle school. We hit it off right away. Mom would drop me at her place early morning 6 fucking a.m. every day before she went to work and we used to go to school together. Oh and her mom is simply amazing!

I pick up her phone and grunt in a hello.

Chris: where the hell are you Tris Prior! I am going to leave without you if you're not here in 5. I've been honking at your doorstep since the past half an hour.

Tris: God Chris, how can anyone be so loud right in the morning. I'm sorry okay. I had a late night yesterday. Could you come in for a sec. Key is under the fake poop toy in the front lawn. I need outfit suggestions.

I end the call cause i know she will never come up if i don't end the call. There would be a full blown Chris lecture right in the morning for me instead of a cream bagel for breakfast.

Chris is a fashion genius. She wants to be a fashion designer when she graduates and I know she will make the best one.

I grudgingly get out of the covers and make way to brush my teeth. As soon as I get out of the washroom after doing my business, my face is attacked with a pile of clean clothes and an angry Chris.

Uh oh! not a good sign.

Chris blew up, "Tris, you know I have to meet Will today. I am getting in the car and I want you there in five. And i got you starbucks. So hurry or ill drink yours."

To be honest, the starbucks part did the trick for me. I rushed back in and put on the clothes that Chris picked out for me. Put on my make up, flung my bag over my shoulder and rushed downstairs with a doughnut from the kitchen in my hand on the way to the front door.

While we drive to the school, I should tell you about myself. I am a senior in Dauntless high school. My parents... Well. Lets just keep it short. My parents are Andrew and Natalie Prior, the Andrew and Natalie Prior. All day, all night working hard in their office. My mom and dad work for the government, interstate affairs to be specific. Both of them love their job.

Recently mom and dad got a salary raise and with more money comes more responsibility. So they come home late,often leave for work trips and always are out doing work. By always i mean even Saturdays and Sundays.

I was practically raised by Chris's mom and a nanny till 4th grade when I told them to fire the nanny. I told them I'll not eat of they didn't

I have not been able to accept till date why i told them to do that. It was that incident that has ever been etched in my mind which never ever allowed me to talk about it. It was really...

I don't want to talk about it right now. So lets move on.

I have an elder brother, Caleb. He is an ANGEL. Five years ago he graduated and left for college. He is now engaged to his high school sweetheart and my former 'only' friend, Susan. They live in New York. Caleb's almost done with college and then he wishes to join mom and dad in their fucking job. Susan is a high school teacher, successful and breathtakingly beautiful. Every man's dream and the perfect fiancé.

You know i often feel that everyone around me has a perfect life. And even though i am also a part of their perfect life, my own life sucks.

I feel lonely when I'm home cause this home is not home anymore it's just four walls and a few pieces of furniture, no mom, no dad, no sibling, no friends, just me.

Till the point when Caleb was there for me, I could rant out my middle school rivalries to him. At least he would listen. Now i don't even have a Caleb to rant out to. He comes home on holidays but even holidays seem like normal days because when mom and dad are home, they want to rest and refresh themselves for 'tomorrow'.

I am not saying that I lack material wealth or something like that. I am A RICH BITCH, but money really doesn't matter if you don't have people there for you.

️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

(AN: Guys please please please! share and comment with suggestions and your opinions it matters a lot)