Chapter 07.

T H E   S I L E N T   W A T E R SH O L D I N G   O N T O   E A C H   O T H E R

H O L D I N G   O N T O   E A C H   O T H E R

Priyanka tapped the pen on the desk. Though she may have said that they will be leaving for Mumbai. She herself can't bring herself to look forward to it. She did not have much fond memories of the city herself. It had changed her into what she was now.

First her family.

And then her husband. Now her ex.

She closed her eyes, tears escaping silently.

She signed the divorce papers before handing them to Ranveer. He had no expression on his face.

Silently, he took it from her hands and signed them. She left the house that night. She booked a hotel for herself despite the fact that she could have gone back to her family. But she didn't want to.

They didn't even know that she—

A sigh escaped past her lips. She has cried enough. And suffered enough.

Even though she has grown up as a sheltered child, with three loving yet overprotective brothers. But now she couldn't even turn to them for her comfort.

Had they forgotten about her?

No calls. Rudra got engaged. And she got the news days later. He was going to get married yet she didn't attend any of the wedding functions.

Ironic isn't it? One child of the family is getting married where the other is—

She was never considered a part of the family after she got married.

Her friend, Suhani had managed to find a job for her in Goa. Priyanka contemplated. She can't spend all her time in the hotels. And for how long she will thrive on the family wealth. She wanted to be independent. The Priyanka, not the Oberoi.

Fifteen days since she shifted to Goa and thirteen since she started her job enough to pay the rent of the apartment she had rented. She was feeling ill in recent days. And one day she woke up bleeding with an unbearable pain in her abdomen. The lady, her neighbour, who lived in the next apartment alone after her husband's death, drove her to the hospital.

And dreadful news was awaiting there. She was seven weeks along. Was. She miscarried. She was hospitalized for a week. And the old lady was kind enough to stay by her side. She needed her family. But she couldn't bring herself to call them. She couldn't imagine their reactions.

She needed the person who has been her protector for as long as she could remember. Her Shivaay bhaiya. She didn't call her parents but her fingers hovered over her brother's number numerous moments. But she didn't place the call. Until she did only to find the number out of service.