Marked and a Pirate now

Jack's cries of pain echoed down the stairwell like an angry storm in the cold nights

Jack's cries of pain echoed down the stairwell like an angry storm in the cold nights. His howls of agony were punctuated by the fists and boots of officers, who beat him mercilessly. Her hands, still covered with the child's blood, held onto the metal bars of her cell as she screamed hoarsely, unable to form words. Maria begged the guards to stop hurting Jack "Stop! Let him go you bastards" she screamed, her throat raw from crying and screaming.

The sound of someone's heavy steps climbing down the stairs caused her terrified cries to cease. She looked up to see Beckett approaching her. Her tear stained eyes widened with a mixture of fear and anger as she glared at him. Beckett's face was twisted in a cruel smile that made her skin crawl. "Well, well, well, Mariana. The little bird has finally been caught in my cage." he said, his voice dripping with malice. Maria stepped back from the metal bars, her fists clenched tightly as she glared at him.

"What do you want from me, Beckett?" she spat. Beckett chuckled darkly as he opened the cell door and approached her, his eyes scanning her body hungrily. "Oh my dear, I want so much from you." he said, his hand reaching out to touch her face. Maria recoiled, her eyes flashing with anger.

"Don't touch me!" she growled, slapping his hand away. Beckett's smile widened as he grabbed her chin roughly, forcing her to meet his gaze. "Feisty, I like that." he said, his thumb brushing against her lips. Maria tried to move her head but his grip tightened on her face. "Listen! Do you hear that? hm?" Maria could hear Jack's cries and gunshots, the sound of bodies dropping one after another. A single tear of pure despair tumbled down her flushed cheeks, "Please make them stop." she begged under her breath.

Beckett's grip on her chin loosened as he leaned in closer, his lips brushing against her ear. "I'll make them stop IF you do something for me first." he whispered, his breath hot against her skin. Maria's heart raced as she pulled away from him, her eyes searching his face for any sign of deception.

"What do you want from me?" she asked, her voice trembling.

Beckett's smile turned into a sinister grin as he stepped back from her, his eyes darkened with lust. "I want you to come with me, Mariana. I want you to be mine. I could save you from the ones who pursue you. I can give you the life that you deserve. The life that He can not give you." he said, his voice low and seductive. Maria's eyes widened in horror as she took a step back, her hands shaking with fear. Her back pressed to the wall behind her. The steely edges of her voice cut through the air like a heated knife - the sheer force of her refusal was undeniable. "NO!" she roared, her rage amplifying into thunderous ferocity. "No! I am not a prize to be won and I will never be yours. Not now, not ever." she spat, her voice filled with venom.

Beckett's smile faded as he approached her, his eyes blazing with fury. "Fine! Have it your way." he said. He turned to the officer accompanying him who stood on the steps, "Take her to my cabin. Light the fire." he said quickly as he rushed up.