Part Six: Crestfallen

It's been two weeks since you spent that single evening with Alastor, and you've slept like complete shit every single night since. The first few were expected as your body was still healing but there was no excuse for the days that followed. Other than the desire to be near him.

It didn't help that you were beginning to get anxious about the new deal, wondering what he could possibly show you that would help expand your power. He made no mention of it over coffee or in passing. But with Extermination Day getting closer you felt the pressure to be better (now that you knew it was possible).

Like clockwork, Alastor walks into your room with the usual two cups of morning coffee, setting yours on the table. This whole 'domestic' side of the demon is something I could really get used to. "Glowing as usual my dear." He says as he kisses your forehead and sits down on the bench at the end of the bed. Odd. No book? No newspaper? He just sits quietly, staring into his mug. His mind seems to be somewhere else this morning.

"Well good morning to you too. What has the mighty Radio Demon frazzled this morning?"

"Hm?" He hums, still not looking up at you. You frown.

I know what will get his attention.

"That smile of yours doesn't hide as much as you think it does..." as you speak, you pull yourself on his lap, straddling him and wrapping your arms around his neck, "...at least not for me,"

A look of pleasant surprise crosses his face at your forwardness and his eyes snap to yours. Finally pulled away from his thoughts.

Too easy.

"I am far from trying to hide anything darling," he playfully runs his free hand up your thigh to your hip, resting it with firm grip on your waist, "However, you are correct in assuming my head is a little busier than usual. Charlie just informed me that her father will be making a visit to the hotel today."

You practically fall out of Alastor's hold from how fast you jolt up at the news. "I'm sorry...LUCIFER is coming today? You didn't think that was important information to give me first thing this morning?"

He takes a sip of his drink and shrugs, "I would have told you eventually."

Rolling your eyes at his nonchalant attitude, you quickly get dressed and head down to the lobby. Everyone was bustling around the hotel to get it prepared for the King of Hell's arrival. You track down Charlie to ask what you can do and quickly get busy helping the others.

When Charlie answers the door, you catch a peek of the King for the first time and he's

When Charlie answers the door, you catch a peek of the King for the first time and he's...much shorter than you expected however still strikingly handsome. He was said to be the most beautiful of the angels before his fall. You are just finishing hanging a banner on the stairway when you overhear Alastor's voice talking with everyone. Making your way down the stairs you catch the end of an apparently heated conversation.