Unexpected Feelings

This is a story about a love I never thought to experience, but let's start at the beginning..

It was in march when we arranged our first date. I wasn't really into the whole idea of meeting a stranger in person. I wasn't the most confident person and I always expected them to be disappointed when they saw me because they expected.. more.

For this exact reason I usually avoided situations like this, but I was committed to try something new so I agreed to meet this man I had met on an online dating app.

The first time we met I had the feeling he was not really interested in pursueing whatever this was any further and since I was still getting over the crush I developed on my best friend, I didn't really think much about it when I asked to see him again shortly after.

To me it felt like a meeting between new friends, which was what I was used to from previous online "dates".
That was until he got a call from a friend and told the person on the other line that he couldn't meet up because he was on a date.
Towards the end of our - as it seemed to be - second date I was feeling nature call and since he lived close by we decided to head over to his apartment.

Awkward as I am I started doing karaoke while he was scrolling through his phone. Again I didn't expect to see this man ever again after forcing him to attend my solo concert in his apartment.
Unexpectedly we met again only a few days later, when I went over to his apartment again.
Since I apparently do not know how to behave like a normal person I spontaneously decided to reorganise his closet which he didn't seem to mind for some reason.
The whole time he was trying to get closer to me, but I felt weird because kissing him would mean to officially accept the end of my feelings I had for my best friend.
After our third "date" he walked me to the train station and before I got on the train, I kissed him.

That kiss seemed to have left an impression on him, because he appeared immensely interested after.
All his messages - and there was a lot - had hearts and kissy faces added to them. At first it felt a bit weird but I grew to like it a lot very quickly.

The following day I went over to his apartment again to deliver some stuff I promised him the day before. As I was working on his closet I noticed a few things that he could need to organise everything better and I happened to have said things laying around.

Date number four had something else in store though. It would be the first time we would have intercourse. It took me a while to accept the end of my previous situation I'd had with my best friend for the past year, but after it had happened I suddenly felt this spark that I hadn't felt before.

That was a moment I didn't expect but one I will probably never forget.
The start of something new..