Chapter Α

"What is your power?" Was the first question that people would ask their new friend in the country of Olympia. It was also the first thing children asked when they met someone new.

For some people, their power is their strength, for some it is their vision and for others it is their power to persist. There are endless powers in this world.

"Powers are born through hardships and pain, it is only when you feel helpless and abandoned that this unique power of yours will come to the surface." Teachers would say.

"But not everyone will choose to use this magical power to be the hero, as in, a person who will save others from experiencing the same pain.

Some will choose to use their acquired power to cause the same pain to the world,  they believe that this way others will finally understand and sympathize with them. They are well known as the villains." This lecture was enough to get a young girl into deep thoughts.

Nefeli was just a naive little girl back then, with her black long and wavy hair and pretty hairpins. Her cute accessories and girlish clothes. Those judgy little eyes that thought they've seen it all. With silly fears and guarded love.

Her life used to be simple, dull and peaceful until that night. The night when Nefeli arrived at the Hero Academy.