Acting

Taehyung tapped his foot rapidly, it was the third time he looked down at his Rolex and there was no sign of him. "Jin, where is he?"

"I don't know..." Jin replied, taking a seat on the single couch in his office.

As if summoned, Namjoon walked in through the office doors with a bright smile on his face. Messy soft brown locks of hair replaced his usual sleek pulled-back hairstyle. He was only wearing a simple blouse and baggy jeans instead of the complete office suit look he normally wore.

"Morning, boys," Namjoon said while chewing a piece of gum which was an odd sight to see, considering he was the type to buy mints.

Taehyung shot a glare at the tall lawyer, "You're late."

"My bad, I lost track of time." He replied nonchalantly while taking a seat beside Jin who had to fix himself to make enough room for both of them.

The CEO loosened his tie. "That's fine, we just got here,"

"45 minutes ago," Taehyung added, looking at his brother with disdain.

Namjoon paid no attention to the comment but instead shifted his focus to a picture sitting on the coffee table in front of them. "Aw, Taehyung, are these your friends? I've never seen them around here."

Taehyung scoffed, trying to morph his frown into a fake smile.

"She's a good-looking girl, huh?" Namjoon turned to show the picture to the CEO.

Jin almost choked. "well that's, that's a boy. That's Jimin..."

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows trying to look closer at the picture. If having his freedom back required him to put up an act, then he was ready to receive an Oscar. "Huh,"

Meanwhile, Taehyung was biting his tongue to keep himself from insulting every ancestor in Namjoon's family tree.

"Oh, never mind, I see it now. Yeah... you know what?" the lawyer smirked looking at Taehyung up and down. "You two would make a nice pair, huh?"

Jin's eyes were about to pop out of his head, "That's um... that's a touchy subject for my brother,"

Taehyung snatched the picture away from Namjoon's hand and placed it on a bookshelf as far from Namjoon as possible.

The lawyer raised his eyebrows as he turned to Jin. "Yikes," he said looking at Taehyung as if he was a feral cat out of control. But Taehyung tried to keep his composure.

He cleared his throat, "Let's stop wasting time and get down to business. The Soop tower project; I'd like to stir up some publicity if we could-"

the loud pop of a bubble bursting interrupted the younger. Immediately Namjoon raised his hand, "My bad, chewing gum." he simply claimed.

Taehyung turned to look at his older brother for support, but instead, Seokjin was scratching his hair, avoiding eye contact. The younger rolled his eyes and continued talking through a forced smile, obviously disappointed at Jin's lack of apprehension towards his lawyer.

"I'm working on endorsements from local merchants-"

Another 'pop' sound resonated in the room causing Taehyung to squeeze his hands into fists. He took a deep breath, trying to put into practice the breathing techniques he had learned in therapy for his anger issues.

"Any thoughts, Seokjin?" He asked in a strained voice

"Yes, huh, you were working on some great ideas there, um... Joon any insight?"

The lawyer laid back on the couch and smiled, showing both of his dimples. "Nope." He said before blowing another bubble of chewing gum.

"Then, what's the point of keeping you here?" Taehyung smiled through gritted teeth.