I

a young man walked through the busy central area of oxford university. the man wearing a blazer, an oxford merch tie, and hair well kept, scanned the dorm area of the university.

around him, peers move into their new rooms, conversations loudly spoken. everyone but oliver looked more messy and wore casual clothing. looking up, oliver noticed a large banner that read "welcome class of 2006". felt a little unwelcoming despite the message.

a trio walks past him. two girls speaking with a male american. the man takes in oliver's figure as they walk past and not so whispered to the girls. "oh, he's got the scarf."

"hey, cool jacket." the american sarcastically complimented oliver as the girls giggle. he pretends to not notice the trio and instead keeps his gaze on his surroundings.

oliver finally makes it to his dorm room, taking off his jacket and tossing it to a corner. he slowly takes in every detail of the room. it's small, but he worked hard for it.

he overheard laughter outside of the room and walked towards his window, peaking out to find the source. he noticed the american and two girls from earlier, laughing loudly. but there were some new faces.

he noticed a woman with (h/c) hair with beautiful features, talking with a few people. felicia catton.

oliver took in every detail he could of her. her breathtaking beauty, loose clothing, the warm smile, confident posture. she most definitely was popular around the university.

felicia moves her eyes towards oliver's window. he quickly ducks out of the way, hoping she didn't notice him blatantly staring at her.

it was dinner time. oliver slowly walked into the dining hall, scanning everyone in the room. it was completely full and it was hard to find any open seats for him to sit.

he walked around one table. "is this seat taken?" he asked in a self conscious tone. the person nods at him, barely paying him any mind. he walks off to the other table.

he noticed an open spot near the middle of the table, and sat down. he looked at his peers next to him and thought as to why this was the only seat available.

loners? hopeless? virgins? he mentally shook away those thoughts and noticed a blonde nerd staring at him, a smirk on his pale face.

"i'm michael gavey." he suddenly introduced, sticking out his hand over the table to oliver. he looked at his hand for a second, then shook it. "oliver."

"oliver what?" michael quickly responded. "oliver quick." he softly spoke. "so you're a norman-no-mates too then, oliver quick?" michael asked. oliver slightly smirked. "isn't everyone? it's only the first night."

"look around you." michael simply said. oliver glanced at everyone in the room. people happily spoke to their mates as they ate or smoked.

"it's just you and me, mate. and the girl with agoraphobia, but she's in her room. obviously. what are you reading?" he quickly spoke. before oliver could respond, michael spoke. "i'm reading maths. i'm a genius." he confidently said. "i don't even like maths really. i can just do it. in my head. anything. ask me a sum." he told oliver.

oliver slightly shook his head. "nah, you're okay."

"come on." michael egged him on. "it's-it's not like i don't believe you." oliver defended. "please. come on." he pressured. "nah, i believe you." oliver assured.

"fucking ask me a sum then!" michael shouted, silence following into the dining hall.

oliver uncomfortably shifted in his seat. "uh.. four hundred and twenty three times seventy eight."