19 : the skincare party

— ☆⋆。𖦹°‧ Sehmat's Pov :

𖦹° Sehmat's Pov :

We went shopping and bought some stuff. Later at the evening, we all ate at the food court. Now, we're about to head home, but we decided to have a sleepover skincare party at our apartment.

So, I decided to sit with Rayyan in his car to help him with the location. Irza is coming with Haris and Rafey, who already know the way.

As we walked towards the parking lot, Rayyan kindly opened the door for me. I looked up at him and he gestured for me to get in. I followed his lead and got into the car. He then closed the door and walked towards the driver's side.

We sat in the car, and there was this awkward silence between us. The atmosphere felt tense, so I decided to look out of the car window.

The drive began, and I couldn't help but look around, avoiding eye contact with him, even though he was the only one I wanted to look at.

Clearing his throat, he caught my attention. I quickly turned my head towards him and looked at him, while his eyes remained focused on the road ahead as he drove.

"Wanna play some songs?" he asked.

" sure" I replied.

" what kind of ?" He asked again.

" umm Bollywood" I replied short.

the song started, he played 'humnava' from some Bollywood movie and I hummed as the music and lyrics were absolute perfect!

But when these lines came, Rayyan suddenly turned towards me and gazed at me intensely. He didn't seem to care if we would get into an accident while he was looking at me and I couldn't look away either.

My heart raced at an abnormal level when I started hearing the lyrics clearly and understanding the meaning behind it.

While Rayyan's intense gaze gave me chills along with these lyrics.

Baat gulon ki
[ Taking about flowers ]

Zikr mahek ka accha lagta hai kyu ?
[ the mention of their fragrance feels so good, doesn't it? ]

Un rangon se tune milaya
[ you introduced me to those colours ]

Jinse kabhi me, mil na paya
[ which I had never encountered before ]

Dil karta hai, tera shukriya
[ my heart wants to thank you ]

I felt like my heart would explode because of the way it was accelerating so fast. Rayyan broke the contact and I could see his lips curling up in a really small delicate smile.

And that smile twitched something in my stomach, I gulped looking away.

"If it wasn't me who saved you that day, and it was someone else, would you still be friends with him?" he asked politely as he started driving. I noticed his veiny hands popping as they tightly gripped the steering wheel.