40|BFF or FWB?

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Tsuyomi 'Reign' Hayes| 18

🗓️March 30th [12:54am]

"I still can't wrap my head around how you're home" Mommy says still staring at her husband in disbelief and Jay and I snicker, "When yuh links tall, it's possible to escape a triple life sentence with only doing 15 years" he answers and she frowns.

Looking over at Jay who was already looking at me, we decided to give them some space to talk.

Leaving the room, we head downstairs to join everyone else. The only reason we were upstairs was because Dadday said he had something to talk to us about but I guess it can wait.

"It still nuh feel real seh him deh yah, mi feel like mi still high from the weed we smoked earlier cause after thinking I'd never see him out on the free road again" I rant, sighing deeply towards the end.

"Know them feeling deh man but him deh yah fi true T and by the looks of it, him nuh plan fi leave again" Jay says as we descend the stairs and I give him a tight-lipped smile.

Once at the bottom of the staircase, Ares was standing there with a timid look on his face, "T mi ago out yasso" Jay says walking off and we head towards the living room.

"Your father doesn't think I'm right for you" is how he starts and my brows pull together, "What father would but tell me what do you think?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I really do like you Tsuyomi but I don't think I can handle the pressure from your family. It's like they're all waiting for me to screw this up" he says and I scoff taking a step back from him.

"So you're giving up that easily? A few lectures from my dad & my uncles and you're ready to throw in the towel but claim to really like me?" I questioned looking up at him and he sighed looking down at our feet.

"You know what...It's fine Ares, I'm not going to convince you to be with me" I tell him turning to leave the room but he grabs hold of my wrist stopping me.

"Wait" he mutters and I turn to face him again, "We can still be friends" he spoke softly and I almost laughed, "I have enough friends, I don't need anymore" I counter snatching my hand out of his hold, leaving him in the living room.

Walking into the backyard, I scan the crowd in search of my friends. When I don't spot them, I walk over to my uncles taking a seat beside Uncle Sylas.

"Waphm to yuh?" he asks taking a sip of his drink, "Nothing, just deh yah" I answer staring off into the distance and he hummed unconvinced.

"When yah start school?" he sparks a conversation and I look over at him, "I'm supposed to start UWI in Septemeber but I'm not sure I want to go to college in JA anymore" I answer truthfully and he nods slowly.