The Tragedy

One freezing cold winters day I went for a run with my brown miniature boxer named Hogan. I told my mum and she said that she is going to go to the super market. We didn't have much money so we didn't get much food. She took my dad and my twin sister Julia and herself. My twin sister is more of a best friend. She is always there for me when I am sad or down. "Bye Julia, see you soon!" I shouted as I ran down the driveway with Hogan on his bright blue lead. I ran faster than usual because Julia usually comes with me but she was sick so I wanted to get home as quick as I could to look after her. I ran the normal route I ran every morning. It took me 45 mins to run the route.

*45 minutes later*

I came up our driveway and saw a car I hadn't see before. Mums car wasn't there yet so I went inside and found a woman and a man sitting on my couch I was really confused! She was crying, very hard!

I walked up to her and she said "hello Ellie, I am Charlotte I know you are probably really confused right now but.........your parents have been in a very bad car crash. I am your mums best friend from college and she always said I would be the one to look after you if something goes wrong".

I was very overwhelmed! I didn't know what she was talking about. I think I have met her once when I was 2 maybe 3. We stood there in quite for a couple seconds before I said "are they gone?" I felt tear creep to my eyes and I was scared. Charlotte look at me and nodded. I started to cry as I fell to the ground. She came up to me and held me and I found myself wrap my arms around her while I cried. A couple moments past and Charlotte looked at me and said "I have organised for you to come live with me and my family". I didn't know what to say so I just nodded.

I went to my room and packed a little bit of clothes, some of my make up and toiletries. Before we left I went to my bathroom to freshen up and I looked at myself in the mirror and I laughed to myself and then put a little bit of make up on and walked out. I asked Charlotte what I was gonna do with Hogan and she said "you can bring him with us but you have to look after him. I grabbed all of his stuff he would need like food, poop bags and his cage. All my bags were in the car and she told me "have you ever been on an airplane before?" I shook my head and she said "well I think you will enjoy your first ride in our jet". I didn't know what first class was. It sound fancy like what the queen travels around in or something.

Hogan sat on my lap the whole drive there and he fell asleep and I cuddled up with him. When we got to the airport Charlotte told me what to do with my suitcase. Hogan was in his little purse cage I was carrying and he was still sleeping. I was excited to see where she lives but sad about leaving. Even though I had no where to go and no one left. Wait I haven't properly introduced myself. Hi my name is Ellie. I am 16 years old and my family is dead....