Festival of the White Walls: 3

The festival got off to a great start.

As soon as the sun rose, children and people began filling the streets with each having one white thing, either clothes or even just a simple bracelet.

Because of the name of the festival, everyone decided that the theme should be white and that you should have at least one white thing on you. Artoria, for example, wore a white cape instead of her usual blue one.

Speaking of Artoria, at high noon, she had to give a speech. She spent the entire last night practicing for it with me and Kay helping. She wanted the speech to sound good while also not coming off as so emotionless, so me and Kay actually had to help her with what expression to take in each part.

A lot of them were awkward, but after a full night of practice, she managed to pull them off without looking like the sides of her face were being squeezed by someone.

While it wasn't perfect, her speech was a success, and then she followed it with announcing the completion of Camelot's walls. While the people celebrated and the nobles congratulated her as she came down from the stage, anyone who REALLY knew her can tell she was worried the entire time that she would mess up.

The archery tournament went great. Lots of people participated, and the winner was the son of a retired veteran that was too old to join the contest himself, do his son signed up for him.

The joust matches, admittedly, had more of a reaction and cheers from the people, which wasn't really that surprising. To even the number of matches, Agravain and Tristan decided to step down from the match.

It started off with a match between Gawain and Percival. Percival was talented, but Gawain had more experience and, frankly, was stronger than Percival currently is, and that showed when Percival was taken off his horse easily.

The match between Kay and Lancelot was more interesting. It was a give or take, but I guess Lancelot aimed better because, while they both struck their opponent, Kay was the one that was knocked off his horse, while Lancelot managed to stay on his just barely.

The final match was between Lancelot and Gawain. Lancelot, admittedly, had more skills, but Gawain had more strength and raw endurance. I guess what tipped this match was motivation.

Gareth and Gaharis, Gawain's younger siblings, were watching the match, and like every big brother in the world, Gawain wanted to both show off and convince them their big brother is strong.

They both struck but Gawain must have gave his all because, while he hardly flinched, Lancelot was practically thrown off his horse, harshly. Artoria's lips twitched, worried that Gawain's actions would be counterproductive, but Gawain getting off his horse and helping Lancelot up was seen as good sportsmanship by the people.

After the tournaments, Artoria gave a far shorter speech, which was basically just telling everyone to enjoy the festives, before she and the knights went to a party in the castle for the nobles.

I, sadly, had to join them.

"So, how are you hanging?" I asked Lancelot at our table.

Rolling his right shoulder where Gawain struck him, Lancelot frowned. "It will be a few days before I'm at top shape again, but nothing that should hinder my work."

"Make sure it doesn't," Agravain commented, taking a sip of wine. "After a celebration like this, we have to keep a good image for some time to prove this whole thing wasn't just for show."

"Where is Gawain, by the way?" I asked, noticing he wasn't with us.

"He said that he wanted to leave early to check on his siblings," Tristan answered.