Part 6

Before entering the hall, Cynthia took out her delicate black lace mask, and Gabriel gently helped her put it on. Then Cynthia took Gabriel's arm, and they walked into the hall together.

Inside the hall, music was already playing, with a light and elegant style. They greeted a few classmates whom they could barely recognize, even with masks on, but familiar faces were still distinguishable, like Ethan's.

He stood out too much, dressed in a navy blue suit, as if it were a deliberate arrangement by fate. Ethan lounged casually on a couch, his gaze sweeping lightly across the hall. Cynthia was afraid their eyes would meet, so she quickly turned away, feeling that she shouldn't reject him.

As everyone took a few sips of wine and the hall filled up, Professor Aaron took the microphone.

"Ahem, can you hear me?" Aaron adjusted the microphone to ensure it was working properly. "Good evening, everyone. I'm the host of this dance tonight, although I'm wearing a mask, I think many of you know me, and it's quite strange for me, a boring old teacher, to host this dance. I just want to say, don't underestimate us old folks, we're not that much older anyway. Even if you want to mock... No, mocking is absolutely not allowed. You know that many teachers have been invited to this dance, handsome, single, high-quality young teachers, they're all keeping an eye out, so be careful what you say, I can't stand any badmouthing."

Everyone laughed.

"Now that the atmosphere is warming up, let's quickly start our first opening dance. Let's have a few of our teachers set an example and show the kids your wonderful dance moves. The rest of you, find your dance partners, warm up if you need to, it's almost time for you to shine. Without further ado, let's begin!"

The crowd began to move, and many teachers stood up one after another, dancing to the music.

Cynthia watched the opening dance, feeling like she had been closed off for too long. Was it possible that she saw the extremely boring and serious math teacher and the witty and humorous psychology teacher dancing!

As the opening dance music was about to end, Cynthia began to feel nervous because she had no idea how to dance socially. She had only learned briefly a few days before the dance. Although she was quite coordinated, it didn't mean she could dance perfectly in such a short time.

"Thank you to the teachers for their dance, it was truly perfect. Now it's your turn, don't be shy just because the teachers are here, who hasn't been young before, we all understand. Bring your dance partners up!"

Gabriel made a gentlemanly gesture to Cynthia, who hadn't experienced this cultural difference before. In China, there were hardly any dances at all, and if there were, it certainly wasn't at an orphanage. In this atmosphere, with the grand hall, the sparkling chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, everyone dressed formally, and a man extending his hand to you like a gentleman, it easily evoked a woman's palpitations, reminiscent of childhood fantasies of being a princess.

They entered the dance floor together, and Cynthia tried hard to remember the dance steps she had learned, making sure she wouldn't embarrass herself.

At first, she could barely keep up, until she saw Ethan.

Ethan gently swirled his wine glass, nodding as he raised it in Cynthia's direction.

At that moment, Cynthia panicked, her steps becoming unsteady. In her confused state, she accidentally stepped on Gabriel's shoe, tripping him up and almost causing him to fall. Cynthia felt guilty, realizing she had indeed been distracted.

But Gabriel seemed unexpectedly furious, shouting as if he had transformed into a different person, "Can't you be more careful?"

Cynthia was startled, standing still in shock, not knowing what to do. But it was only a moment, and Gabriel quickly regained his composure, as if nothing had happened, becoming very gentlemanly again. "I'm sorry to have scared you."