Part 7

Cynthia hit the ground hard, feeling the pain shoot through her body, indicating her hands and chin must be scraped raw. "Where is she?" Cynthia heard them whispering urgently, their footsteps approaching rapidly. Ignoring the wounds on her body, Cynthia struggled to stand, wanting to bolt, but two healthy men trying to catch a woman who had only taken a sip of a sedative were sure to succeed.

Cynthia was tackled to the ground, thinking, 'This is it,' and began screaming loudly, using all her strength to shout.

Gabriel attempted to cover Cynthia's mouth, but she writhed and twisted her body, her clothes gathering dust on the ground, her hair disheveled. Gabriel's friend urged anxiously, "Gabriel! Make her shut up!"

"I'm trying to get her to shut up, okay? She obviously didn't drink enough of that drink. Do you have more pills?"

"I don't. I only brought that much." Gabriel started looking around anxiously, luckily there was no one around.

Cynthia screamed, kicking Gabriel with all her might. Gabriel, in pain, grunted and grew enraged. He grabbed Cynthia by the hair and slapped her hard, causing her vision to blur, and of course, silencing her screams.

Gabriel's friend was stunned. "You really have no mercy, do you, bro?"

Before he could finish his sentence, there was a dull thud as Gabriel's friend collapsed. Gabriel, startled by his friend's fall, had just made sure there was no one around. He looked up and saw someone. "Teacher Ethan."

Ethan looked at the scene before him with anger, his muscles tense. "This is how you behave? I wonder how you even got into college with such manners." He kicked Gabriel aside, and Gabriel's friend, scared, covered his face and ran off.

Gabriel glanced at his fleeing friend, then at Ethan. "What a busybody." But despite his tough words, he quickly got up and ran away.

Ethan looked at Cynthia lying on the ground, his heart full of pity. He carefully helped her up. "Are you okay?"

Cynthia took a deep breath. "Do I look okay to you?" She had unknowingly ingested some unknown drug and had just been slapped hard. It was impossible to recover in a few minutes.

Ethan took off his suit jacket and placed it over Cynthia's legs, then helped her walk to where he parked his car. "I think you should go somewhere quiet and safe now. Let me take you to my car to rest for a while. It's parked by the roadside, occasionally someone passes by. It's not as quiet as here."

Cynthia leaned on Ethan's arm without speaking, just nodding.

Inside the car, Cynthia stared blankly at her torn skirt. Ethan brought some water and ice from the ballroom. "I think you need some water now. You know, finding water at a party is really difficult. Everyone's drinking alcohol. So, it took me a while. But ice is easier to find, and I think it can help your face recover its original beauty quickly."

Cynthia mechanically took the water and nodded silently, without saying anything.

"Are you okay? I really think you should see a doctor."

Cynthia took a deep breath. "Thank you, really, thank you."

"Don't mention it. If I saw this and did nothing, I'd be a jerk." Ethan looked at Cynthia seriously. "You really don't want to go to the hospital?"

Cynthia recalled today's events and felt she had been too foolish. Although she felt that something was wrong, she still walked step by step to the end. If Ethan hadn't shown up today, she didn't dare to think about what would have happened.

"I really... don't need to!" Cynthia's heart was burning with anger. As her consciousness gradually cleared, this fire burned stronger and stronger. "Do you know? Your American medical expenses are really frightening. I don't know if my medical insurance can cover it. If I just bravely see a doctor once, I might go bankrupt immediately. I'm just an orphan, as they say, an orphan who needs to sell her body to go to school. Although someone is sponsoring me, I've been trying to save money, so I haven't participated in any social activities for two years. Because I'm afraid. I'm afraid that once I come out, I won't be able to resist spending money on meaningless things. So, this is my first time attending a dance party in two years, the first time!" Cynthia finished a long speech and then began to gasp heavily, tears streaming down her face.