Doctor Huang

Hello again

0o0o0

Liv and Elliot had been working on a tough case about a father raping his little girl for years. It nearly broke Elliot. Cragen actually sent him to Huang again to talk about it. Not that he wanted to go, though. Since he and Liv had gotten together, his view on shrinks had changed back to normal. 

"Elliot, this case has gotten to you more than any other. Is it because the perp is a father?" Huang asked as he watched Elliot pace the room in anger. 

"No. Yes." Elliot paused and ran a hand over his face. "I don't know." 

He went to sit down, anger subsiding for now. Huang studied Elliot staring at the coffee table. "What's going on with you and Liv?"

Elliot sighed. "We're fine." He shrugged, not meeting Huang's eyes. 

There was a long silence. Then, Elliot sighed again and leaned forward. "We haven't had sex in a while. It almost feels like we're drifting apart since she became pregnant."

"She's carrying twins isn't she?" Huang asked. Elliot nodded. "Perhaps she's just a little scared at her first pregnancy being twins."

"We've been so busy with this case. Then not having sex. Since Stuckey, we had sex every single night until we couldn't anymore. Even when I broke my ribs, we still found some way to have sex. I don't want our love life to be all about sex, but at the same time, I've been in love with her for 12 years. I need the sex with her right now." Elliot bounced a leg up and down nervously. 

"You feel you need sex to have  a relationship with Liv?" Huang asked tenderly. 

Elliot shook his head. "No, not to have a relationship, but to show her how much I love her."

"Elliot, you've been married to Kathy for years. You should know that sex isn't the only way to show love. Why do you think that is the only way to show Liv you love her? You've known her for 12 years." Huang asked. 

Elliot stared out the window, thinking. He wasn't exactly sure why. Maybe he was addicted to sex with her. It was more intense than anything he's had with Kathy. "It's more intense with Liv. I feel more emotions from her than Kathy and I ever did. We've never been that great at saying our feelings. Especially to each other."

"So, you are just telling her how much you love her with sex?" Huang confirmed as he wrote down several things. 

"Yeah, but Liv and I have been so busy taking care of Eli at night, then working on cases and worrying about Liv and the babies that we haven't had time to go on a real date or even speak about our relationship." Elliot sat back and ran his hand over his face again. 

"I'd like to give you some homework Elliot. Tonight when you go home with Liv, after Eli gets put to bed, speak to Liv. Tell her how you feel. And don't let it lead to sex." Huang wrote some more things down. "I'll see you back here next week to speak about it. Try to speak every night at least thirty minutes."

Elliot left the office with his mind reeling. Speak to Liv thirty minutes a night and don't let it lead to sex? They've been so tired lately they've barely spoken ten minutes before falling asleep. Liv's been tense because she's gone on desk duty early as per the doctor. They didn't want her blood pressure to spike and cause a fainting spell. 

As he stepped into the apartment, he could hear Liv speaking to Eli in his room. It was nearly time for bed for the little guy and he was upset at not seeing his daddy. Elliot had stopped by a flower shop to get a single red rose for Liv. A simple gift. 

"I know you want to see daddy, but he's at the doctors office. He will be here by morning and cook you breakfast," Liv said softly. 

He peeked in the room to see Liv sitting on the side of the bed, her large stomach sticking out. She was only four months along, but Elliot knew how large she would get being pregnant with twins. They had an appointment tomorrow to see what the babies were, and Elliot was excited. He was hoping for twin girls that looked like their mom. 

Eli was in his bed wearing tiger pajamas and cuddling Mr. Kitty. He saw Elliot and smiled largely. "Daddy!" 

Liv turned and smiled at him. Elliot gave her a sweet smile and held up the rose for her. He went to help her up and she took the rose. "I'll finish here, go relax on the couch,"he whispered to her. 

It took a second story to get Eli to fall asleep. Like Dickie when he was young, the boy insisted on the same book read. Eli really wanted a tiger, so he wanted Teddy the Friendly Tiger read every night this week. Elliot was really getting sick of seeing Teddy Tiger. When Eli finally fell asleep, Elliot silently crept out the door. Liv was laying on the couch, eyes closed. 

He walked over and kissed her forehead. She moaned with a smile and opened her eyes. "He asleep?" 

Elliot nodded and went to sit at her feet, pulling them on his lap. "Yup, took two rounds of Teddy Tiger, though." 

Liv laughed. "I read it two times as well. He really loves that story."

Elliot shook her head. "Huang wants me to speak to you about our relationship. At least thirty minutes without it leading to sex." 

Liv looked at him. "That might be hard considering we don't like speaking about our feelings." 

"I know, but I figured we cant take it slow. How are you and the babies doing? We've been so busy with this case that I haven't asked." Elliot started rubbing her feet. She groaned in pleasure. 

"Well they're making me throw up every morning and I'm on desk duty because of the high blood pressure. They keep me up half the night kicking my spleen, but I love them." She smiled as she rubbed her stomach. 

They continued to talk for over an hour about what they thought the babies would be and look like. Elliot fell asleep that night cuddled so close to Liv that he thought she would end up telling him to sleep on the couch to give her space. It seemed that she loved the close contact as much as him. 

0o0o0

This was a different type of chapter. I've been sick the last couple days but wanted to push through to get this out there. I wanted to show the side of Elliot that we don't get to see that often. The softer side.