1 - welcome home

» second hand news - fleetwood mac «

1:06 ──〇──── 2:56 ⇄

◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍

‧₊˚⋅✎📃⋅˚₊‧

"Shit! I just remembered I have to be home!" I squeal all of a sudden, wriggling out of James Potter's bed in my underwear, my short body helping to squeeze out from beneath him.

"What?" He asks with concern in his voice. Throwing my clothes back on, no more than a minute after taking them off.

"Mum told me to be home by 8pm. She needs my help with something." I lie, getting out of this interaction by the skin of my teeth.

He opens his mouth to say more but clamps it shut immediately. "Gotta go. I'll see you on the other side!" I hurry as I head out.

"Woah.. Maddison, wait." He beckons me back.

I look at him worriedly, expecting him to not let me go. "Be quiet. I don't know when my parents are back and I don't want them knowing I had some girl over... Actually, would you mind using floo?"

I nod reluctantly and head out through his fireplace saying the leaky cauldron. Then from there I sprint home. I climb through my window I had left open a crack and the second I get dressed into my pyjamas, I collapse on my bed i'm out for the count.

Thankfully my parents were collapsed on drug induced slumber, likely a lot more peaceful than I feel with my heart still hammering up against my rib cage. 

My brown hair loosely flailing over my rough worn pillows that i've had since I was 7. These sheets are the same sheets from when I was a child. 

The same splatters of blood from when my Father broke my nose and had me go to sleep bleeding. 

The same wet patch on my pillow from where I had cried every night for the past 8 years. 

The same brown burnt patch from my Father trying to literally set my room alight. He was drunk one night when I was 9 and I guess I must have pissed him off because that night he took a lighter to my pale pink sheets. That was before he realised the bed wouldn't just magically erupt into flames without some kind of ignition. Instead he settled for throwing the lighter at my cowering body. I tried to steal the sheets at Hogwarts in first year but Dad ultimately burned them in the garden. I've noticed a reoccurring theme of him burning bedsheets. So i've had to sleep with the thought for the past 6 years.

It feels like I was barely asleep, despite the nearly 12 hour slumber. Dreaming of absolutely nothing but another life. Every outcome was the same, I ended up with this fucked up family.