3 - seven minutes in heaven

» late night talking - harry styles «

1:30 ───〇─── 2:57 ⇄

◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹

𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍

‧₊˚⋅✎📃⋅˚₊‧

I won't say it isn't weird. Being alleged friends with James Potter and his cronies. I'm still certain they're messing with me. But after James walked me back to the Ravenclaw common rooms the night of the party, a little earlier than everyone else, he pinky promised he wasn't joking around. And I value my pinky promises.

I was still positive he would confess it was a joke the next time he saw me. I wouldn't be surprised, or even disappointed to be honest. But he didn't. 

On Monday morning, he waved at me during breakfast, the four boys still half asleep but still making time to greet me.

To my surprise, I was escorted to potions class by all four boys, proclaiming I had to swap seats and sit with them. When I said no they looked shocked that anyone could possibly decline, but I had fun sitting with Severus regardless.

For the next week I had someone to wave to in the corridors, and smile at in class. We never really spoke, mostly because of time shortages, but also because none of us knew what to say.

"That best not be Maddison White reading on a Saturday evening." I hear a voice haller.

I turn around abruptly in the grassy field, returning from a late night of astronomy classes. The freezing cold breeze of the night sending chills all over my body. Rain soaks my whole body, droplets falling from my nose to my plump lips, glistening my eyelashes.

James is smirking until I turn around, something seems to flip inside him, making him gulp and look up to the starry night sky.

His curly hair sprawled all over his forehead, his quidditch uniform completely soaked. Broom clutched in hand. His Gryffindor quidditch team jumper over his uniform.

"What else should a girl like myself do on a Saturday night other than reading." I shrug innocently.

"How about watch me play some quidditch." He shrugs with a smirk.

"Now why would I do that at 9pm?" I raise a brow. "Cause I need your support. And Remus is tired of watching us play on his own." He informs me.

"I dunno. I might just head to bed and catch it next time. I'm a little cold." I shrug nervously.

"Yeah I know." James mutters. "What?" I furrow my brows curiously.

"Nothing." He's quick to dismiss, instead taking his jumper off and draping it over my shoulders.