𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕~🥀𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞🥀

I grasped my stomach, practically howling with laughter as Angel told me another stupid story about his shit boss, and my asshole of a coworker, Valentino.

I heard someone open the door and Angel paused his story when Husk came in.

"Well hello~" Angel said, combing his hair back seductively.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! THE REST OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP WHILE YOU FUCKS ARE BITCHING AROUND!" He glared at me and slammed the door behind us.

I frowned, starting to feel bad that I've already caused so much chaos with the hotel's residents.

Angel glanced at me and grinned, "don't mind him, he's always like that."

I looked down glumly.
"Cheer up toots, he doesn't mean it," Angel said giving me a supportive smile.

I smiled weakly back.

"Though he's right. We should get to sleep now. I'll tell you the rest of the story in the morning."

I nodded and snapped my fingers, switching my regular outfit into my pajamas and summoned a pillow for myself.

Angel hopped on his bed, "night," he said, switching off the lights.

I turned to the mattress Charlie set up for me by his bed.

"Night," I said curling up in the blankets.

~•*•~

I had...a terrible nightmare.

I dreamt I was back in the forest with the radio host again. Except this time, I dropped my gun and held my hands up resentfully in defeat as he grinned, showing a mouthful of sharp teeth.

Blood dripped from his mouth as he smiled maniacally and slashed my stomach, causing me to fall on the floor and scream in pain as I cried out for help...but nothing came out.

The rest of I.M.P. watched me from the sidelines, faceless and disappointed.

He let out a cold and eerie laugh as my ears rang.

Y/N...Y/N...

Huh?

"Y/N!" Angel yelled, shaking me as I stared up at him groggily.

"Hm...huh?" I rubbed my eyes.

"What the fuck? You were practically screaming...and...you wouldn't wake up..." he trailed off.

"Oh..." I sat up. "Just...bad dream," I said dismissively.

Angel opened his mouth to say something but was quickly interrupted by Charlie.

"Breakfast is ready!" She called out from downstairs.

I stood up from the mattress, eager for a distraction and walked to the bathroom, taking a quick rinse in the shower and changed into new clothes.

"Alright let's go!" I said, trying to sound cheerful.

He eyed me suspiciously, but followed downstairs.

Charlie was in the kitchen, preparing french toast.

She turned around when she saw me.

"Morning Y/N!" She said cheerfully.

"Morning..." I grumbled, still tired.

"How'd you sleep?"

"I slept well," I lied.

Angel open his mouth to correct me but I nudged him in his arm, clearing hinting for him to shut the fuck up.

She smiled and slid me and Angel each a plate of french toast.

"Enjoy! I hope—"

arrCharlie was cut off by the television, which both Husk and Vaggie were watching attentively as they ate on their breakfast (and drank their booze, in Husk's case.)

I saw Vox appear onscreen, holding a stack of papers as he reads off of them.

"We interrupt whatever weird shit you were watching before this with breaking news..."

I turned over to the image of my friend to watch the television...

A/N: I updated the cover last night :]

(I didn't really like the old one...)

~earth_angel17 <3