𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑~🥀𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬🥀

Alastor and I both looked down at the bed separating us in distaste, arms folded with pursed lips.

Finally, I threw my hands in the air. "I'm sleeping on the floor," I finally said, taking a pillow from the bed and tossing it to the ground.

Alastor rolled his eyes and picked up the pillow, placing it back on the mattress. "No, you're not," he said sternly. "If anyone's sleeping on the floor, dear, it'll be me."

I scoffed. "Alastor..."

He scowled at me. "This is not a discussion."

"I don't like you too much to sleep in the same bed, but I don't hate you enough to let you sleep on the floor," I told him.

"Y/N..." he grumbled. "God, you are so insufferable at times."

"Well! If neither of us are sleeping in the bed, both of us will sleep on the floor!" I huffed.

"Then we're back to sleeping together again," he pointed out.

I grumbled. He had a point. "Well, if we sleep together...it mind as well be in a bed, and not the cold floor," I said hesitantly.

Alastor's eyes widened and a light blush dusted his cheeks.

From embarrassment or...?

I shake off the thought. "Get settled in. The sooner we do this the faster it's over," I mutter.

Alastor quickly gathers himself and nods quickly. "Yes! Agreed..."

"Do you have any clothes I can borrow?"

Alastor stiffened. "P-pardon?!"

My eyes widened. "Not like that! Not like that!" I said frantically. "Like things I can wear to bed? I don't have any of my stuff."

Alastor calmed down a bit. "Oh...right, sorry. Yes, I have a few things you can use. I'll get them out for you..." he turned to his drawers and started to dig through old clothes of his.

Alastor spun around and held out some shorts and a dress shirt out to me. "Here, dear. This is all I have right now."

I smiled at him. "Thanks, this is perfect," I responded. I reached out for the clothes, our fingertips ever so slightly brushing against each other. I felt my face tint a light shade of pink.

I cleared my throat. "I'll be in the bathroom," I stated, walking into the room's rather spacious bathroom.

Alastor nodded and settled on the bed, waiting for his turn to use the restroom.

Alastor POV

Sitting there, I watch Y/N walk off, admiring how collected she'd been about this whole situation.

It was almost admirable how kind she is to me, especially given my rather impolite nature towards her in these past months. She truly didn't deserve it. And after all, she meant no harm in...well, killing me. She was just doing her job. I myself have had a fair share in murdering some most "unfortunate" victims, too.

I chuckle at the thought.

Perhaps...we could be friends.

I pinch my eyebrows together and stare out the window.

Yeah, friends...

I think about Y/N. I wouldn't want to be her friend...if being friends was the same way I'd treat Charlie, Rosie, or even Niffty.

I shake my head.

How would I want to treat her?

I humor myself and start to ponder over that question. I don't know...maybe...holding her hand? Or taking her out to lunch, just the two of us. Holding her closely in a shared bed...

My eyes widen. "What am I saying??" I whisper to myself, running a hand through my hair, and over my ears.

I hear the bathroom door creak open, and Y/N walks out, wearing my shirt and pants. They're way too big for her. Yet she looks almost--cute.

She gazes up at me and flashes a kind smile, threatening my own to finally fall. My heartbeat increases and starts pounding a hundred miles per hour.

Y/N starts walking over to me and settles herself next to me on the bed. I hold my breath as I take in the scent of her, mixed with my own as she wears the clothes that I had given her.

...fuck.

I like her, don't I?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Hmhm...took him long enough.

Honestly, this books is like a few chapters from being complete! 🤯

Yep! I'm really dragging out this bed thing...XD

~angie 🥂