Chapter Nine: Crimson Red

Marcus stood up as he walked over to Nathaniel and James, speaking to them privately. I stood up and walked over to the boy standing there.

"Thank you for coming here and telling us this."

"I didn't really have a choice, though. I would have looked for you anyway. I hope they are okay." He said to me before James came over and helped him out of the room to leave.

I sighed out heavily, looking at Marcus as he placed a kiss on my head.

"We will find them, I promise Mirabela. But I want to be part of the search, so you'll be spending the day with Emily and my sister."

"I want to help, not stay put." I frowned, staring up at his dark eyes.

"Whoever took your family will probably be searching for you as well. I can't have that happen, so staying put is your best option and I won't take No for an answer because I'll lock you up myself."He warned before smiling as he placed a gentle kiss on my lips before leaving and following Nathaniel out.

Nathaniel gave Emily a gentle kiss in the hallway before leaving as well. She turned to look at me and gave me a gentle smile.

"He worries sometimes that his anger builds up and he will do something stupid, but I know with Marcus he will be okay. Anyway. Wanna go shopping?"

I smiled gently, nodding my head. "Shopping seems fun, I'll meet you downstairs when I get dressed."

She nodded her head before walking off to Layla's room and I heard her squeal. It seems she was excited to have a girls day out shopping with us. I smiled, moving to look through the clothes she let me borrow. I grabbed a white shirt and jeans, putting them on, I tied up my long hair before grabbing my phone and purse. I moved to slide on flip flops before leaving the room and moving to the stairs as Emily and Layla waited for me.

"Hurry up slow poke!" Layla laughed, running out the door to the car as I chuckled, walking down before Emily stopped me and handed me a card.

"Marcus said to get what you want and need. He didn't give it to Layla, and she would spend all his money. If he gave it to her."

We both laughed as I nodded my head, taking the card and putting it in my wallet.

I shook my head as we moved to the car, I climbed in the front seat and Emily was in the driving seat as she started the car and drove away from home. My mind was still on my family, but I couldn't worry as much as I didn't want to trigger my panic attacks or get myself stuck in a depressed state of mind.

Walmart wasn't far from us. Basically, down the road as we arrived, she parked the car, finding a good spot that pleased her. Everyone exited the car and walked slowly to the entrance.

"Layla, don't go overboard. Your brother gave me his car. I'm just getting some clothes, but I don't want you to get things you do not need." I warned, smirking as she huffed, grabbing a cart.

"Fine. But I shall get at least one thing that isn't clothes to please my needs because if I don't.. I'll melt away." She pouted dramatically.

Emilly and I laughed, rolling our eyes as we went to the woman's department. First looking at clothes, I found some cute shirts for cheap but also matching shorts or jeans. I wasn't a skirt-type girl. Though a nice dress from time to time was fun to wear in the summer or fall.

Layla was grabbing some cute PJs for herself that had little flowers and bears on them, Emily was in the underwear and bra parts as I walked over to join her, knowing I needed some things for myself.

I grabbed some cute bras with matching underwear, but I also grabbed some socks as well as my feet got cold, but then again, Marcus was really warm, and I usually just put my feet on him to warm up.

I gave a small smile, noticing how much I could miss someone I cared for just a couple little hours without him pulling on my emotions and feelings.

I moved to the lingerie as I blushed, looking at the perfect one that would stand out but also make me look cute. Emily snuck next to me grinning as I jumped with a sigh.

"You and Marcus are getting close." She chuckles with a smile.

"I-I suppose, but it doesn't mean we are both ready for that step. I mean, I still haven't made the choice about marrying him and now my family is missing, so I have allot on my plate but..I feel strong feelings for him that I can't explain. But it is getting to that point where I think I love him, but I'm not sure yet." I told her honestly as she listened to me ramble on about my feelings.

She gave a happy smile before handing me a bunch of clothes to try on and sneaking some sexy clothes.

"Try these on and see if they fit." She says, pushing me to the dressing room.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. As I moved to the changing booth and tried on many clothes all at once, some fit and some didn't. It was fun looking in the mirror at myself in such clothes. As I put my regular clothes on, I moved out of the changing area as I tried to look for Emily and Layla, who were laughing at a rack of clothes.

I slowly moved towards them, but I didn't get that far as someone grabbed me from behind, a cloth came to my mouth as I started to inhale the fumes. My heart was facing as the last thing I could think of was Marcus. My eyes looked to the mirror that was over the small clothing rack. Red eyes..Scary crimson red eyes staring at me as I tried to thrash around and get free, But I was inhaling too many fumes, and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Marcus.." My voice was barely a whisper as I lost consciousness. 

-------