Shopping For Gowns And A Suit

Amelia expressed her concern gently, saying, "Eleanor, are you alright? You seem a bit... different?" Eleanor swiftly composed herself and replied with a reassuring smile, "I'm fine, Lia~."

Amelia maintained her concern, with a hint of uncertainty, saying, "If you say so..." However, she swiftly transitioned to a lighter tone, asking about Eleanor's attire for the upcoming ball.

Eleanor, aiming to keep the conversation upbeat, mentioned her plans to explore town with her maids for a suitable outfit. Amelia eagerly encouraged her, sharing her excitement about her own ballgown. Eleanor, trying to match Amelia's enthusiasm, nervously chuckled in response.

After Amelia departed from the mansion, Eleanor retreated to her room, exhaling heavily as she settled onto her stomach on the bed.

"Who would have thought dealing with the female lead could be so draining?" Eleanor remarked with a tinge of weariness in her voice. "Yet, she was kind, just as the book described," she added, reminiscing about the book she found herself in.

Eloise, Eleanor's maid, entered the room. "My lady, it's time to freshen up and prepare for bed," Eloise announced calmly. "Of course," Eleanor replied, rising and stretching before following Eloise to the bathroom.

As Eloise diligently scrubbed Eleanor's back in the bathtub, Eleanor's mind drifted to the upcoming ball. Despite her reluctance, she knew attending was inevitable, given her family's likely invitation. She sighed softly. Sensing Eleanor's mood, Eloise paused momentarily. "Is everything alright, my lady?" she asked, her scrubbing momentarily halted.

"Yes, everything is fine," Eleanor reassured in a calming tone, prompting Eloise to resume her task.

.
.
.

The following morning, Eleanor's maids prepared her for the excursion to select her ballgown for the Ravenswood ball. Accompanying her were her knights, Roland Usoro, Edmund Marlowe, and Cedric Laurier, along with her two maids, Matilda Hawthorne and Josephine Chambers. Additionally, Charlotte and Charles, Eleanor's younger siblings and the twins of the Lockheart family, opted to join the outing to explore the town.

Charlotte and Charles possess striking features, boasting gorgeous, sleek blonde hair complemented by their bright, shiny blue eyes and charming attire. Despite being fifteen, they still carry off their cute outfits well, although they're reaching an age where such attire might soon be outgrown.

While browsing a shop, Eleanor turns to Charlotte. "Char, have you found a ballgown yet?" she asks with curiosity. "Not yet," Charlotte replies impatiently, eager to continue exploring.

Turning her attention to Charles, "Charles, do you have a suit yet?" Eleanor asks. "Do I really need one?" Charles responds, clearly uninterested in shopping at the moment.

Eleanor sighs, exclaiming, "Of course, you doofus," and glances around at the bustling town before looking back at her siblings. "No more exploring until you both have something for the ball," she declares firmly. Charles and Charlotte protest mildly before reluctantly agreeing.

.
.

Entering a stunning boutique adorned with elegant gowns on one side and suits on the other, they are greeted by an enthusiastic owner. "Ah, what can I do for the Lockhearts?" the owner exclaims with excitement.

"I'd like a custom-made ballgown for myself and my younger sister, and a suit for my brother," Eleanor requests calmly, her knights and maids waiting outside.

"Certainly! Please follow me for measurements," the owner responds, bowing and leading them to the measuring area. However, measuring Charlotte proves challenging as she stands lazily, yawning and not maintaining a straight posture.

Eleanor sighs and turns to Charles. "Charles, ask your sister to stand properly," she instructs.

"Why me?" Charles retorts with a hint of attitude. "Because she listens to you. Do it, or there will be no more exploring," Eleanor asserts sternly. Charles reluctantly agrees, sighing in defeat but still displaying a hint of attitude in his voice.

Charles approaches Charlotte as she is being measured.

"Charlotte, if you do this, I'll share some snacks from my stash with you," Charles says in a lazy tone. Charlotte's eyes brighten, and she straightens up, abandoning her previous lazy posture.

After Charlotte adjusts her stance, Charles rejoins Eleanor's side. "Was that really so hard?" Eleanor playfully teases. Charles responds with his usual grumpy demeanor, looking away slightly.

.
.
.

After a long day in town, they return to the mansion. The ordered gowns and suit are expected to arrive within a week, perfectly timed for the upcoming ball. 

After freshening up, Eleanor heads to the dining hall for dinner with her family. As she enters, she notices everyone already seated: her father - William, her mother - Victoria, her brother, Alexander, and the twins, Charlotte and Charles. William occupies the end of the table, with Victoria seated beside him. Charlotte sits across from Victoria, placing her beside William, while Charles is beside Charlotte. However, Alexander is seated next to Victoria, which is where Eleanor joins, taking the seat beside Alexander.

Victoria's blonde hair cascades elegantly, complementing her perfectly elegant figure. Her eyes sparkle like purple jewels, adding to her beauty and grace.

William's hair is a soft black shade, with eyes that blend purple and blue hues, further enhancing his sophisticated figure.

William takes a sip of his wine before setting the glass down. "Eleanor, I heard you went out today with Charles and Charlotte," he says in a tone that can seem intimidating, although he isn't actually a scary person.

"Yes, Father. I needed to find a gown for the ball, and I thought Charles and Charlotte should also prepare in time for the event," Eleanor explains in an elegant yet composed manner.

"Well done, Eleanor," William acknowledges before taking another sip of wine. "Yes! And because of that, Charles promised to share his snacks with me!" Charlotte chimes in enthusiastically.

"You still remember that?" Charles responds, hoping Charlotte had forgotten about it altogether. "What do you mean? I remember everything related to good food," Charlotte replies innocently, leaving Charles sighing in annoyance.

.
.
.

Time flew by swiftly, much like the wind... and now, it was the moment I dreaded—the ball I was adamantly avoiding. However, attending was unavoidable; it would reflect poorly on my family and our esteemed name as the Lockhearts of the Dukedom family.

To be continued.