𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒- 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐥

another long chapter-- enjoy ! <333

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

Arielle woke the next morning with the sun streaming into her eyes, accompanied by a soft knocking on her door. It took her a moment before she realized that someone was trying to get her attention, before she groggily called out, "Yeah?"

"We'll arrive at the Capitol soon-- why don't you get dressed and meet us for breakfast!" Gia's voice pierced through the quiet and calm atmosphere, her energy was as if she had drank five cups of coffee. Arielle listened until Gia's footsteps faded away, then finally got out of bed. Like the other tributes, she slipped into the outfit she'd worn during yesterday's reaping.

Yesterday had never felt so far away, she thought. She had experienced so many emotions the day before that it felt so far away. She couldn't explain it, it felt like a distant memory. Like her father.

Once her dress was on, Arielle looked in her mirror. She felt different, though not in a terrible way. Her dress still flattered her, yet she was a bit more aware that people would judge her solely based on what she was wearing. The mirror sat on a pretty brown vanity that had different makeup and hair products splayed upon it, inviting her to use them. The girl had never seen so many products before, as she had never had the pleasure nor privilege of being able to afford such luxuries. Arielle picked up a lip product-- seemingly a balm or gloss of some sort and apprehensively applied some to her lips. The product was held in a shiny silver tube, which she knew could probably pay for her house(shack) alone. First impressions were important-- wasn't that what Finnick had told her earlier? The products made her lips look soft and pink, which fulfilled a childish desire of hers. ack then, she'd secretly envied the tributes for their beautiful outfits, flawless makeup, and perfectly styled hair. She had been heart-breakingly ignorant of their struggles. Now, it was her turn to play the coveted part she had so desperately desired.

As she walked towards the table, she realized that she was the last one to arrive, though she would be the first one to have to endure a deluge of compliments from Gia.

"You look stunning, my dear!" Gia said, hyping her up. She couldn't stop complimenting Arielle, as she hadn't felt such pride in a tribute since the 65th Hunger Games. With Finnick Odair.

"Yeah, you look...nice." Fier agreed, his tone of voice sounding almost pained. If it weren't for the light blush dusting his cheeks, Arielle would have thought he was making fun of her.

"First time seeing you all dolled up like this," Finnick said.

"Well it's also the first time you've seen me..." She said, though it was the first time she'd seen herself dolled up.

"Oh come on, I've absolutely seen you before."

"I highly doubt that." Arielle said defiantly. However she was a bit confused, but she was sure the blonde was just trying to mess with her-- she noticed that he seemed to do that a lot. It was a bit funny at times, but she would never admit that-- at least, not to him.

"I know your sister."

"Sera? How?"

"We're the same age-- I used to go to your school!" Finnick's voice was that of mock-offense.

Arielle laughed, replying, "Maybe your just not memorable."

"Well then that'd be the first time ever," He said. He had a point, really. But now that you thought about it, that actually made a lot of sense. Your sister had maybe hung out with him a few times, though you weren't sure. That would certainly explain why he felt so familiar-- and not just because of his many television appearances.