𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

The backstage seemed to be more crowded than it had been before the parade, as all the mentors and stylists now joined them. Arielle and Fier were no different, as the two of them had been swarmed by their entourage immediately after they had stepped off the chariot.

"You two did great!" A man who Arielle assumed to be Fier's stylist said, marching up to them. He held out his hand, and said, "Vito, nice to meet you!" Once Arielle had introduced herself, she faced the rest of the group, searching for Finnick's eyes.

"You look stunning, sweetheart," Finnick said, trying his hardest not to look the girl up and down, even though the dress put more emphasis on certain areas.

"Thank you," Arielle responded, though she wasn't sure what exactly she had done so well, as all she had done was stand and wave mechanically at faceless people.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow alright?! It's almost interview day~" Kalea said before skipping away to talk to one of her other stylist friends, leaving the group.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"Tomorrow, we have a big day. You'll get to meet your peers a lot more personally, as well as spend time practicing whatever skills you have or lack, though there is a certain strategy you should probably follow," Finnick said as he walked Fier and Arielle to the sitting area.

Arielle had been thinking a good amount about the interviews. In previous years, the questions had seemed quite shallow, as the whole premise of the interviews were to gleam some last-minute pieces of information about the tributes. As well as ask them what their strategies were, though no one in thirty years had so far been dumb enough to truthfully answer that question at all.

"How should I act during the interviews? I know you guys love playing puppet master..." Fier reclined into the couch, picking up a cushion. 

"Well you'll be thanking us later, since we're the ones going to get you sponsors,"

"If I get sponsors,"

"Yeah, there's only so much I can do for you. But really, all you need to do during the interviews is appear confident, but also nice enough. Don't try to act too tough and aloof-- not like the tributes of District One."

"Yes, people don't often like them, they're too untouchable!" Gia walked in the room, her hair let out of it's updo, and framing her face. Without all the crazy makeup and hairstyles, Arielle was able to tell that she was actually very naturally beautiful-- it was a shame she covered it all up.

"Finnick?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Do you think we should study anything in specific?" Arielle didn't know why she felt so much apprehension and butterflies when asking the blond man a question, though she knew that it had at least something to do with his obvious attraction.

"Really just food and setting up traps-- even the smallest amount of poison can kill you. Besides, knowing what is poison is better and more powerful than knowing what isn't." He had a point. It was easier to kill someone with poison berries opposed to edible berries, which in turn would make them more valuable, right? Maybe Arielle could make some allies and take them out that way-- it was certainly better than killing them violently.

"Though, if I were you I would keep an eye out for what other people are doing. I guarantee that the only people who will be showing their strengths will be the Careers-- everyone else will hopefully be smart enough to just keep their head down."