1

You felt as if you could drown in this bed.

As if its many contours and overstuffed sheets could somehow engulf you, pulling you down to the depths where I could finally rest in peace, without the piercing shrieks of birds and loud horns of trains. You morbidly fantasised about slowly rusting away here, tucked away from the rest of the world, small chunks of my flesh peeling off and slowly disintegrating into nothing, fine dust particles, swimming around room.

Sometimes I wished someone would pull me out, like a light in the darkness, softly reaching out to me, my hands brushed the warm glow and-

RING RING

You snapped out of your daydream, groaning as the harsh slit of sunlight peeking through the curtains hit your face, you rolled over and through the sleep in your eyes you saw SMALL BUT MIGHTY🧽 caller id pop up on your phone. Huh? Why would the Captain be calling now, you still had a day before you started my new job at the Scouts. You hurriedly snatched up the phone.

"Yeah?" You mumbled, still half asleep.

"Tch, Y/n, are you serious? You were meant to be here an hour ago!" Levi spits into the phone. Your heart drops as you looked at the date, the 14th? "I could've sworn....shit" You swear to yourself "Shit indeed, now haul yourself over here,(F/N)(L/N), before I decide to fire your sorry ass, brat." "Captain I'm so sorry I-"

The phone line cuts out, and you jump up, suddenly wide awake. 

I thought I wasn't going to do this anymore, you sigh to yourself. You swore that you would keep track of days, and not let everything pass by in an alcohol-infused blur. Scrambling to you feet, you shove on your old uniform and sprint out the door. The smell of Shiganshina hit you like a bullet train, less pollution in the air and way more spacious than the Royal Capital, which is where you'd been living for most of your life. Until Pixis had taken you under his wing. 

Honestly, Pixis was the closest thing you had to a family right now. Your older brother, Damian, was too busy drinking with MP's to remember you existed, and your father, mother and younger sister had all died in a freak accident. As you think about it you wince, remembering the scar on your left eye, and how much it had hurt when you got it. When the carriage was thrown forwards, and had ran off into a ditch. When you woke up, everyone else was lifeless, having died on impact immediately. You were the only survivor. Damian had been at school when the accident had happened.

You wish you could've said that was where you had hit rock bottom, but then life took out a fucking digger and went six feet under. It didn't matter anymore though, Pixis had saved you. Taught you and helped you enroll in the Military Police. You would've opted for the scouts, but seeing as titans don't exist anymore due to bravery of the very scouts you were joining today, you didn't see a point in joining them. How ironic. 

You were almost there, you saw stout cabins, and the massive expanse of training field, stuffed to the brim with mock titans. You were looking around, when a "Tch" Brought your eyeline downwards, to where Levi was standing, arms behind his back. At this point, you would've rather faced a titan.

You had met Levi quite a few times, and you guys were pretty close. Well, as close as you can be to a person who's only sign of affection was giving your house a deep clean.

"Well" Began Levi "You're late. You have the wrong uniform. You hair is a mess, and instead of coming in briskly, you decided to linger about, looking at this place like a kid staring a giant vat of candy"

"Fee fi fo fum, how big is this candy?Like how big is the vat?"

"I'm not playing games brat, you're not in the military police anymore. You have to prove yourself here. I'm your commander now, so you'd better watch how you speak to me from now on. Are we clear?"