The cousin

After they all left, there was a sound of wind blowing and the sound of piercing through the air. However,  if one looked closely they can see nothing. It can be mistaken as a gust of wind. But to Zhan's eyes , everything was exposed. He saw a black mist flying through the air and directly stopping inside the hall.

Then slowly the fog materialised and became a handsome young man similar to Zhan's age. He had purple robe on and his hair was tied into a bun. His forehead held a frown. After he took the form of a human, he started to clap with a smile.

The uninvited man looked at Zhan and said word by word, " Long time no see , My dear royal brother."

Zhan looked at him expressionlessly, looking not so happy seeing this guest who paid no attention to curtesy at all.

"I can't belive Royal brother let humans in, if the late King saw this scene...imagine his reaction? Would he be happy ? Happy enough to die ?"

"What are you doing here, Zhou Cheng?"

"I just came out to see you, am I not allowed ?"

"I didn't know you had the courage to defy the late King's order ? I thought you were under house arrest for a thousand year."

"......" Zhou Cheng said nothing but he just stared at Zhan. After a while he found his words again, " so are you going to imprison me ?"

Zhan sighed and ignored his question.
"I suggest you to stop being so cheeky now , the late King died and all the elders went into hiding one by one. Now,  only a few are remaining up front."

"That doesn't mean you can take in humans." Zhou Cheng put his smile away and said seriously.

Zhou Cheng and Zhan , both of them were the sons of the late King. But why did Zhan inherit the throne? Its because zhan is the legitimate son while Zhou Cheng is a concubines son. The late King was lazy and his character was also loose. He married quite a few wives. The other wives also had children but after the king died and Zhan inherited the throne, they all left to do their own thing. Till now , zhan can't tell where they are and whether they are still alive or not.

Among all the brothers and sisters , zhan had more contact with the second wife's child, who is Zhou Cheng. As children , they played few times together but that's it. As they grew up , zhan was trained strictly and never ever saw those brother and sisters again. On the other hand , Zhou Cheng grew up and became playful , not caring about anything, offending whoever he met.

Regarding Zhou Cheng,  zhan had mixed feelings. He didn't like Zhou Cheng but didn't hate him either. Their attitude towards each others are also strange. One moment they will stare holes at each other,  the next they will be a harmonious pair.

"They will die anyway."

"So isn't it better to kill them now ?"

"Why taint our hands deliberately?"

"You are kind hearted but that doesn't mean I'm the same. Is it wrong for me to practice my skills on them?"

"Yes." Zhan said. "Our kunlun is peaceful. After that war , human didn't bother kunlun and kunlun didn't bother humans.  Kunlun had always been righteous. If one doesn't harm us then we can't harm them. "

Zhou Cheng's mouth twitched, " so you are gonna raise a tiger here ?"

Zhan didn't answer.

"Fine. Do as you like. But if I see them mess around, I'll personally kill them , one by one."

"Zhou Cheng , are you aware that they will die If they stays any longer here ? Why do you keep on insisting ?"

"Did you forget , Royal brother? The human that came and caused the tragedy? She needed a little time for it to be achieved. " Zhou Cheng tried ro reason with Zhan. It is true that he has no trust on human beings. He doesn't even trust those surrounding him. It can't be blamed on him since that tragedy left them an unforgettable lesson.

Zhan couldn't refute him. Its the first time someone questioned his decision. He was at a loss but he knew his deed were not acceptable to the other royals. Thinking of the limited time of the guests , he believed he can still keep them away from the claws of the royals and the beings in the kunlun who lusts to tear them apart.

"You don't have the right to question me. However, I can reassure you. If you see any abnormality, you are free to take actions. But if you harm them intentionally, I will not stand aside and watch."

Zhou Cheng looked at zhan with a sneer on his face. He said slowly , gritting his teeth, "I really hate you for being compassionate. I don't know why the late King passed this kingdom to you. I'm disappointed."

Right now , in Zhou Cheng's eyes , zhan could see nothing of those immature brotherly feelings from the past. All that he could see is now opposition and irritation. Sure enough, nothing ever remains the same.

"You can take your leave." Zhan proposed tiredly.

"Heh" He heard the other sneer and then turn into fog before rushing out causing another wage of wind. Zhan stood up and walked to the big window and looked at the horizon. 

He is afraid, Zhou Cheng didn't speak nonsense. Kunlun destined to face destruction under his rulership. Zhan extended his arm and loosened the black cloth that wrapped his wrist. This material is a lot like leather from human world. He loosened the cloth revealing his snow white wrist. Blue vassals could clearly be traced. Humans and their existence are truly different. Humans got red blood running inside their body while they got blue and black blood. This world is truly magical.

Zhan caressed his wrist in an absent minded manner. If wen ning saw him like this,  he won't find it surprising because he often sees his lord getting lost in his thoughts.

Zhan slowly ran his spiritual powers through the vassals and meridians. After that , he let out a sigh. He could feel his limited energy. Nobody knew this but zhan wasn't born like this , with weak spiritual power. He had the strongest spiritual power in the world , even better than his ancestors. That's why everyone thinks he still possesses the same brutal energy. Because of this , others don't dare going against him.

But there is a secret that nobody knew. Maybe the few people from late generations could tell but almost everyone has now perished.