The encounter

[Not edited]

Wei ying never imagined being married to a man. A man he didn't even know. He didn't know madam Yu was so desperate to get rid of him , as if he is a plague. And this uncle of his is too soft hearted or else how could he listen to that woman's words ? Even if the marriage was discussed many years back,  his uncle could easily cancel it using his 'clan leader' status  but he didn't.

Wei ying looked at the wooden board with the 'lotus pier' engraved. He doesn't want to come back for the time being. 

"Ah Xian!" A soft voice called out.

Wei ying stopped and looked back at his sister , " shijie ?"

She came running to him and took his hand gently, " Ah xian , are you unhappy ? I heard about what father said today-"

Wei ying forced out a smile, "Don't worry shijie. I'm not angry, I'll not cause trouble."

"You won't cause any trouble? And you're telling me to believe it ?" A man's voice heard this time. It is his brother , jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng looked at Wei ying's eyes with a frown, his tone disdainful,  " only a coward runs away from marriage and what's the big deal marrying a man? I heard that person's reputation is good. He is indifferent to everything , i don't think he will give you a hard time."

"It's not a big deal ?Then why don't you replace me ?"

"You!"

"Ah xian , ah Cheng,  stop arguing!" Jiang wanli sighed and she looked back at Wei ying , "ah Xian, you don't want to marry him?"

Wei ying never lied to his shijie and after a while he shook his head. He didn't want to marry.

"Then...does Ah xian has any sweetheart-"

"Ah jie, don't you know ? I think all the girls from the brothel are his sweethearts."

"Shut up, what do you even know." Wei ying retorted and said to yanli, " shijie , I don't have anyone i like. Anyway , it's useless to talk about it now. Uncle and madam Yu already talked with clan leader Lan. We can't do anything."

Wei ying gave her a smile, "shijie, go back before madam yu looks for you. I'll be out for a while and won't be coming back. I'm going to hang out , so don't worry."

Jiang yanli looked concerned but she knew her little brother needed time, so she nodded , " take care of yourself."

"Ah jie! How can you believe him! He is clearly running away !"

Wei ying ignored him while yanli grabbed his arm and dragged him inside, "Don't fuss ah Cheng. Don't you know him? Has he ever backed away when facing challenges?"

Jiang Cheng thought and nodded , "what you said make sense. But I still don't believe that he will not cause any trouble."

Yanli laughed, " His nature is playful , let him play. We should be more tolerant. "

Meanwhile, wei ying's mood suddenly brightened after seeing yanli's face. He basically wanted to run over to gusu and confront that second childe lan. Now , he doesn't want to anymore.

Wei ying walked back to the entrance of the brothel since he had nowhere to go. He didn't even have a single friend in yunmeng which is hard to believe. But as he was about to head in , he heard someone gossiping on the street. He stopped to listen.

"Did you hear ? The water ghost started running havoc in the city X. I heard many people were drowned and those who went out for fishing never came back."

"Why did no clan take care of it ? Its so evil. "

"Many small clans tried but they couldn't fight it."

Wei ying had a look of interest. He touched his money bag and nodded in satisfaction. He had enough money for travelling. He decided to see for himself how great the water ghost is. He smirked and walked away. Due to his excitement he didn't hear the next words which was, "This time Lan clan decided to interfere but they didn't send many people."

"Then the problem is considered as solved. Even if the Lan clan sent one person , it would surely be enough."

After 4 days of traveling through water, wei ying finally arrived at City X. Looked like the driver also knew the disaster of the city. He only stopped at the edge of the city boundary and no matter what , he refused to go further ahead.

Wei ying sighed standing on the boat. Surprisingly, there are many boats beside the one he rode. The other boat looked really normal but the people who used these boats seemed a bit....special.

Wei ying stood at the edge of the boat and he had the urge to get into the boat again and ask the driver to return the way he came. He really didn't want to see any of the faces on the shore.

How could the people from the Lan clan end up here ? Aren't they all holes up in their gusu all the time? Did they come to deal with the water ghosts ? What a bad luck.

"Hey , young man , are you getting off or not ? I've to return to earn money!"

"Yes yes , getting off , getting off." Wei ying said and got out.

Wei ying walked and observed the disciples of the Lan clan one by one. One of the man even looked at him with annoyed expression, "what are you looking at ?"

"If you looked a bit good then I'd have considered looking at you, kid."

Wei ying said with a smile which angered the young man to the point of speechlessnes. Wei ying looked amused, are all the people from gusu like this ?

He asked teasingly, " Are you going to deal with the water ghosts ?"

"Yes, why ?"

" it just so happens that I also came here for this. Why don't we go together?"

"What ? Are you even an adult ? Where is your parents?"

For the first time , wei ying felt insulted. His face lost smile and he looked calmly at the young man. He wanted to pull out his sword and declare that, he(wy) is his father.

The man looked quite cheeky and playful.

Just as wei ying started planning hundred ways to kill this man ,   a cold and calm voice sounded behind him , causing him to abandon the idea of killing instantly. He looked back to see a handsome man who dressed differently from others.

He wore white robe but his dress had cloud patterns on it and had a distinguished sword too. He should be a high ranked disciple. He wanted to befriend the other.  He smiled and was about to greet the other when the people around him all chirped, " Hanguangjun"

Wei ying's smile faded and his expression stiffened. In his heart , he was chanting ,

What the hell ??