Arc I: Unicorns

It is suddenly dark.

Thunder appears even though the weather report said that it will be a great afternoon.

Yes, it is still in the afternoon but the darkness covers the surroundings.

An SUV with a family of four is carefully driving by the zigzag area around the mountains.

They are supposed to go visit the peak but as the roads are slippery they are trying to avoid having an accident.

"Dad, who is that in front of us?" One of the children asks.

Their mother looks around.

"There isn't anyone, love," The father clarifies.

"He is looking at us," The younger of the two points in front of them.

"There is no... AAAHHHH"

A loud sound happened.

The next thing that is going on is that the SUV is hanging by the cliff.

The children start crying.

Their parents are covered in blood.

The demon they saw earlier appear in front of them. It is not a he, it is a she, a Lamia.

A demon that eats children.

It sticks its tongue out. She reaches for one of the children but before she could move further.

She hears a loud horse sound.

And the place is covered in sparkle.

She hears a number of running horses going to her.

She hisses in anger, she cannot fight a whole clan of Unicorns.

Yes, the holy unicorns. She can defeat and eat one but a whole clan with at least ten members.

She is stupid to even try.

Though Unicorns are not the fighting types.

Yet, they are holy enough to kill a demon. So, she disappears in the thin air.

The whole place becomes normal again.

The children hug each other.

One of the children's elbow is broken because of the impact of the crash.

They shout in shock when a beautiful woman appears in front of them.

"Are you two okay?"

The children feel ease in her appearance.

She sees the broken bone of one of the children. She looks at their parents too.

"Okay kids, I need you to trust me before that Lamia appear again, I need both of you to stay still as I call for backup to help your parents, okay?" She talks sweetly to them.

She seems to be very familiar with children.

She pulls her phone out and dials emergency.

"Yes, hello, there is a car crash in the middle of the road, The kids are both fine but the parents are both covered in blood, I am from the pediatric department, Dr. Im Nayeon,"

Nayeon is assured to get back up.

But before the backup would arrive.

"I need you to look at the other direction for me," She asks the child with a broken bone.

"And you sweetie, I need you to hold on your dongsaeng's hand tight, okay?" She asks the other child.

They both nod.