Slow Down (Fluff)

I can't remember the last time I went to a party in my hometown of Kingston. I've been away in America for some years at Uni and eventually scored my dream job.

But, since I've been away for so long, I've decided to let my best friend Brianna take me to this kick back.

"Yuh ready, yet?" Brianna asks out of nowhere, making me jump and drop makeup brush.

"Gahdamn, Bri! Did you float in here?" I ask.

"Wah yuh mean? I bin waiting fi di longest!" Bri rolls her eyes, as she places a hand on her hip.

"I'm al...most done..." I say, as I concentrate on my winged liner.

Once I'm done, I smile at my reflection in the mirror and put my makeup back in it's designated back.

"How do I look?" I ask and Bri smiles.

"Yuh look fine. Let's go!" She grabs my hand and pulls me out of the bathroom.

——————-
——————-

We pull up to a pretty two story house. It's painted white with a string of lights on either side.

The sound of singing and cheering coming from the back, has adrenaline rush through my veins.

"Yuh inna fi a treat. Skip has di best parties."

I frown, as Brianna grabs my hand and leads me towards the backyard.

"Skip." I mumble to myself.

The name sounds familiar. Yet, I can't remember where I've heard it.

Could it be someone from my childhood?

I smile at the familiar faces and laugh at the cheers that erupt, as I walk through the crowd.

I turn to Bri with a confused smile on my face.

"What is all this?" I ask, but I'm answered by someone else.

"Dis a yuh welcome back party." The familiar voice has me whipping my head to the side and frowning, as I watch a very handsome man walk over to me.

His skin is a golden brown, his eyes are a deep chocolate that turn to a deep honey when the sun hits them. He has a full beard that frames his handsome face, nicely long and dark locs, that swing as he walks.

He stands in front of me, a soft smile playing on his pink lips.

"Yuh dun forgotten mi already, Gyal?" He whispers and my eyes widen, as a familiar feeling swirls in my tummy.

Memories start to flood my mind all at once of a younger me playing on the beach with a cute young boy.

The memory changes to us attending elementary school together.

Then to me being sad when he left for America, leaving me behind.

"Skip?" I ask and the man smiles.

"Oh my gosh, Skip!" I throw my arms around his neck and he squeezes in a tight hug.