Hospitalised

*Rose's POV*

"But you said that nothing can harm him now".

"I-I-I did, I don't know", Vince stuttered.

"You get this thing, if something happens to him, I'll make sure that I summon the devil and get you killed".

He looked shocked and I turned around and started walking. The people around me kept staring at me, but I didn't care.

I stood outside Lucifer's room, he had few bruises on his face and his hand and leg were in a plaster. He was fine overall, but he just wouldn't wake up.
I still can't believe it that I woke up to that dreadful call four days ago.

*Flashback*

"Am I speaking to Rose?"

"Yes", I replied. I was so sleepy, I was in no mood of some prank call, and for God's sake it was 6 in the morning.

"I'm sorry, there is a guy here. He has blood on his head and hand. Yours was the first number in his contacts. He has black hair and he is wearing a black shirt and grey trackpants".

I felt paralysed.
"Is this a, um, a prank".

"I'm sorry, but no. I'm standing under this platform, behind the coffee shops".

I cut the phone and ran, I woke Vince up.
We both reached there, and there was an ambulance standing there. Vince sat in the ambulance with Lucifer and I reached the hospital by taking Vince's car.

*End of Flashback*

I went in and sat next to Lucifer, I caught his hand and touched his hair.
He looked so peaceful. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I saw him in this condition.

I regret every each time I told him that he was just a friend and nothing else.
He cried in front of me, because of me. Guys usually destroy a girl's life if a girl doesn't love him back or rejects him or rejects his kiss.

But he, he smiled and invited me to dinner, gave his clothes, gave his room to stay in. Gave me everything, and I, I gave him a plastered hand and leg and bruises.

I felt terrible, I didn't deserve this guy. He loves me so much and I did nothing.

I didn't realise, Vince was standing behind me.
I wiped my tears and caught Lucifer's hand really tightly, all I could think was him waking up and taking me in his arms.

I lost my parents first, I lost my parents who adopted me, now I didn't want to lose Lucifer.

He was the one who took me back even after I left him for a week.
I wanted him to get up, I wanted to save him, I wanted to hug him, I wanted to kiss him because I love him.

It took me 4 days to realise that the thing I always thought was friendship, was actually love.

I always liked him, but I never thought I would love him.
He was definitely good-looking, he was one of the most sweetest guys I ever met, but I never felt like this before.

When I lost him, I realised how much he meant to me. I realised that when I think about the fact of waking up and knowing that I won't see Lucifer's face terrifies me. That's when I realised, he is just no ordinary guy who I'm helping, he is someone who means a lot to me and is someone who I love a lot.

I kept looking at him while thinking about this when suddenly his hands moved.
Vince ran to get the doctor and I tightened my grip around his hand.

He opened one eye, then closed it again. Then very slowly he opened both of his eyes. His eyes were watering,

"I'm thirsty", he said in a very croaky voice.

"Just wait for some time, the doctor will come now".

The doctor and a nurse came, he did some checkups and allowed us to give him water and some light food like soup or salad.

Vince went to get the soup, and I slowly made him drink water.

"My chest hurts", Lucifer caught my hand as he slowly drank water.

"I know, sweetheart, it'll be alright".

"Why are you crying?"

I realised I was crying, I wiped them and smiled. After four days I actually smiled properly,

"You have a broken arm and a broken leg and your chest hurts and all you care about is me crying?"

"Yeah, I know you don't like it, but I love you, that's why".

I looked at his dark eyes, which showed the sincerity in his words.
I put my hand in his hair and straightened them, I then, kissed his forehead and replied,

"I love you too".

He left my hand and started rubbing his eyes.

"What? Are you alright?"

"I love you Lucifer".

"Why? How?"

"You didn't wake up for 4 days, Lucifer, for 4 days all I could think about was me in your arms. I just wanted you to be fine. When I lost you, I actually realised how much I need you, and I always felt it's just friendship, but no. It's more than friendship, what I feel for you is like...."

He kept his finger on my lips,
"If I was fine right now, I would have pounced on you and kissed you really hard".

I got the signal and I bent down to kiss him, my hands moved from his face to his hair when he suddenly stopped kissing me,

"Oww", he rubbed the side of his forehead.

Oops, I forgot about his bruise.
We started laughing and he genuinely looked happy.

I felt myself welling up again so I hugged him,
"I don't want to lose you Lucifer".

"You won't lose me", he spoke in a very croaky voice

"Remember I told you about my chest pain, yeah it still hurts".

I realised I was hugging him really tightly, I got up and started apologising.

He kissed my hand and kept staring at me,
"You know, I've never told you this, but you have beautiful eyes".

"I wear lenses all the time", I looked down.

"What? Remove them, I want to see your actual colour".

"You'll be terrified", I spoke the truth.

"No, I won't, show".

I removed my lenses slowly and revealed my red coloured eyes to him.

I'm going to lose him, again.

          ____________________________
A/n- Hope you are liking the story.
Keep voting and commenting ☆

If you notice in the picture, that's how Rose's eyes actually look like.

Next update- 6th July, Monday